Ready to step up your bacon and egg breakfast? Bacon and eggs isn’t only for a sit down meal anymore. This Keto Bacon and Egg Cups will definitely bring that boring and typical breakfast to a whole new level! With these Keto Bacon and Egg Cups, you can take them on the go with you wherever you are.
Whole30 Bacon and Egg Cups Recipe by
If you are following the Keto or Whole30 diet, then this recipe is for you. They are full of protein and easy to eat on the go. You’ll be obsessed with its cuteness, not to mention its crispy texture and delightful taste. They are super easy to make ahead and can be stored in the fridge or freezer for several days of healthy, protein-filled breakfasts on the go.
The kids love these because they are so darn attractive! Sometimes all you have to do is put the same food in a different wrapping paper and you get a renewed interest. They pick off the chives (they are green after all) and add grated cheddar to the tops of theirs. You could also scramble the eggs a bit and mix in veggies but then it becomes more of a quiche and loses that pretty yellow yoke. After all, we eat first with our eyes!
These muffin pan Bacon and Egg Cups would be perfect for a Mother’s Day Brunch or breakfast in bed. Hint, hint kiddos. There are many variations out there, some with bread on the bottom and veggies mixed in but you can keep them straight up. Feel free to adjust them so they are more appealing to your bunch.
Keto Bacon and Egg Cups
- 12 large eggs
- 12 strips bacon (paleo approved if necessary)
- 1 tbsp chives chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon for about 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan while still pliable, not crisp. Cool on paper towels.
- Grease your muffin tins.
- Put one piece of bacon in each hole, wrapping it around to line the sides. Crack the eggs in each hole. Top with chopped chives. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for about 12-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Watch closely.