This Kale Sweet Potato Quesadilla is a high protein and very nutritious recipe. This quesadilla is vegetarian and healthy snacks that is so easy and quick to make for only 20 minutes. It taste delicious and colorful with Kale, Sweet Potato and Parmesan cheese. Kale Sweet Potato Quesadilla will help you focus to stick with your healthy high protein diet while snacking.
Kale and Sweet Potato Parmesan Quesadilla by Cristine Byrne
Protein in Sweet potatoes by cheatsheet
They are great sources of protein, but they’re also full of essential vitamins and minerals. They might even help you manage your stress. Live Science says sweet potatoes are great sources of magnesium, a mineral that can help keep you calm while anxious. A baked sweet potato instead of a white potato also provides beta-carotene, in addition to its 2 grams of protein per cup. Beta-carotene helps keep your immune system strong, decreasing your risk of disease.
What are the health benefits of kale? by medical news today
Kale contains fiber, antioxidants, calcium, vitamins C and K, iron, and a wide range of other nutrients that can help prevent various health problems. Antioxidants help the body remove unwanted toxins that result from natural processes and environmental pressures. These toxins, known as free radicals, are unstable molecules. If too many build up in the body, they can lead to cell damage. This may result in health problems such as inflammation and diseases. Experts believe that free radicals may play a role in the development of cancer, for example.
Kale Sweet Potato Quesadilla - High Protein
- 1 medium sweet potato , washed
- 1 cup kale leaves , thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 whole-wheat tortilla (10 inches)
- 1 1/2 ounces Parmesan , shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil , torn
- Prick sweet potato all over with a fork, then wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave on high for 6 minutes or until soft. Cool slightly, then remove skin and mash flesh with a fork. Set aside.
- Fill a large skillet with 1 inch of water and bring to a simmer. Add kale and cook, stirring, until soft and wilted, about 3 minutes. Drain excess water and shake kale dry.
- Wipe out skillet and return to medium-low heat. Place tortilla in skillet, then top half of tortilla evenly with mashed sweet potato, cooked kale, Parmesan, and basil. Fold tortilla over fillings. Cook until cheese is almost melted and underside is lightly browned, 3 minutes. Flip and cook until cheese is completely melted and both sides are lightly browned, about 3 minutes more.
- Cool slightly before cutting into 4 pieces.
Nutrition Per Serving
18 g fat (9 g saturated)
68 g carbs
10 g sugar
11 g fiber
27 g protein