This Homemade Keto Caesar Salad is a great low carb, keto option. You can eat it with chicken or shrimp, roasted vegetables, or even as a dip for raw veggies. Serve this salad as the main course of a light meal. Or as the first course of a more formal dinner. This Homemade Keto Caesar Salad has everything you want in a Caesar salad while being low carb and keto!
Homemade Keto Caesar Salad Recipe by Ruled.me
Here’s how you can make a classic Caesar salad at home, with keto-friendly ingredients. We add plenty of Parmesan cheese and dressing but skip the croutons in favor of crispy bacon. If you’ve already got leftover chicken on hand, then you could make this for lunch in no time at all.
The dressing uses anchovy fillets, giving it that classic flavor profile, but if you can’t stand them then feel free to skip it. Another tip is that if you can find jarred anchovies then use those instead of canned because then you won’t have to worry about using up the leftover fillets right away. You can simply reseal the jar.
Yields 2 servings of Homemade Keto Caesar Salad
Homemade Keto Caesar Salad
Homemade Low Carb Caesar salad dressing. Using the recipe below you will be making a homemade low carb and keto Caesar Salad dressing. Making homemade salad dressing is super easy to do. You can even make larger batches of the dressing so you have it on hand to easily use as you want to.
Chicken Breasts. Boneless skinless chicken breasts are cut in half width-wise so you have a thin piece of chicken. This makes it quicker and easier for cooking.
Romaine Lettuce. Fresh crispy Romain lettuce is a must when making a Caesar salad.
Parmesan cheese. We recommend you to have a block of parmesan cheese and shred it myself, but you can use pre-shredded parmesan cheese found in the deli section of the grocery store.
Parmesan crisps. You can make homemade parmesan crisps, using the keto cheese chips recipe and using parmesan cheese.
Homemade Keto Caesar Salad
- 10 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces cooked bacon
- 8 ounces romaine lettuce
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 medium lemon, zest and juice
- 1/2 ounce 1/2 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon s finely chopped anchovy fillets
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together all dressing ingredients and blend together or whisk together vigorously until combined. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Place chicken breasts into a baking dish and drizzle olive oil over the top and bottom of the chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Assemble the salad with lettuce, chicken, bacon, and dressing. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.