This High Protein Keto Pancakes – Sausage Wraps will give you that tasty keto kick to start your day! These High Protein Keto Pancakes – Sausage Wraps come together in minutes & make the perfect make ahead. On the go low carb breakfast! This keeps you feeling full and burning fat throughout the day.
Easy High Protein Keto Pancakes (Sausage Pigs in a Blanket) Recipe by Keto Pots
These super easy high protein keto pancakes provides an immense amount of flavor with every bite. The flavors provided by three of our favorite foods — pancakes, sausage, and cheese, are just amazing. They’re a fantastic way to start your mornings off with a low carb pancake breakfast that will leave you feeling nice and satisfied thanks to their protein and fat content. If you’re a fan of classic pigs in a blanket sausage breakfasts, then you’re going to absolutely love this keto-friendly take on them.
Pancakes, Sausage, and Cheese…Oh My!
The first order of business when making these pigs in a blanket is to cook your sausage links. You’re going to want to cook them in a skillet as directed on the package that they come. When making this recipe, you might want to use sausages that are a bit on the spicy side. If you’re not a huge fan of spicier foods to begin with though, you can feel free to use whatever kind of sausage you prefer. Either way, you’re going to be getting quite a bit of protein with your breakfast thanks to them, which is important as studies have shown that a high protein breakfast can be incredibly beneficial when it comes to weight management. After cooking the sausages, set them aside and begin to make your keto-friendly pancakes.
High Protein Keto Pancakes – Sausage Wraps
Combine your eggs with the cream cheese in a bowl until they’re well combined. We find that adding cream cheese into keto pancake recipes is amazing for quite a few different reasons — it adds a delicious cream cheese taste to your pancakes while loading them up with an abundance of healthy fats. There’s even a moderate amount of protein in it as well, helping to further increase the protein content of this recipe. When you’re combining it with eggs, we recommend using cream cheese that has been sitting at room temperature for a little while, as it makes it much easier to mix.
Instead of using wheat flour in your pancake batter, you’ll be adding in almond flour for the next step. You should never use refined flours when making any kind of meal, whether you’re following a keto diet or not. Not only does the refinement process strip the wheat of most of its nutritional value, but scientists have also found in a recent study that a protein found in wheat is linked to several types of inflammatory diseases, like multiple sclerosis and arthritis.
Almond flour is a Fantastic Alternative to Use
As it’s all-natural and offers quite a few essential nutrients, including protein, healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. After cooking the pancakes, the next step is to wrap your sausages with a piece of cheddar cheese (more yummy fats!) and then roll your pancakes around the sausages before securing them with a toothpick.
These tasty pigs in a blanket provide absolutely everything that you could ask for in a keto breakfast. There’s almost no carbs and plenty of healthy fats and protein to be found with this recipe. Most importantly of all, even looking past how great this breakfast is for keto dieters…it’s just plain delicious!
Other recipes you might like to try: Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe, Low Carb Caramel Drink Recipe, Eggplant Pizza Low Carb Recipe
High Protein Keto Pancakes - Sausage Wraps
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup full fat cream cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 24 cocktail-size sausages keto approved link
- 12 thin slices Cheddar Cheese , diagonally halved
- butter , for greasing
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cook the sausage links in skillet as directed on package. Set aside.
- In a bowl beat the eggs and cream cheese until well combined.
- Add the almond flour and mix until smooth.
- Lightly grease a non stick skillet with butter.
- Heat the skillet over medium low heat until hot.
- Drop 1 ½ tablespoons of batter for each pancake onto the hot skillet.
- Cook until small bubbles begin to form on the top.
- Carefully flip the pancakes and cook on the other side 30- 60 seconds or until cooked through.
- Once the pancakes are done, wrap the piece of cheese around the sausage.
- Roll the pancake around the sausage, and secure with a large toothpick. Repeat until all the pancakes and sausages are used.
- Place the pancakes on the prepared sheet.
- Preheat a broiler. Place the baking sheet under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Serve warm with your favorite sauce.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 117
- Carbohydrates: 1.5 g
- Fat: 8.6 g
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Protein: 6.6 g