This High Protein Crab Cake is rich in protein but low in fat, so it’s a great balance to the carbs. This High Protein Crab Cake is a light but filling seafood staple mainly relies on ingredients that are already in your fridge and pantry and comes together in less than half an hour. These cakes are amazing for its crispiness, taste, and filling!
Healthy Baked Crab Cakes Recipe by Kaleigh McMordie
Crab cakes are so reminiscent of summer. Full of delicious crab, they can transport you to a coastal vacation without ever leaving your house.
These healthy crab cakes are lightened up by baking instead of frying, using just a bit of whole wheat bread crumbs and no added salt. It’s all served with a delicious spicy Greek yogurt dipping sauce.
High Protein Crab Cake
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 8 oz crab meat
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 jalapeno minced
- 1 green onion chopped
- Olive oil or oil spray
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- Pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, dijon, lemon juice, paprika, and black pepper. Stir in crab, garlic, jalapeno, and green onion. Gently stir in bread crumbs until just combined.
- Form mixture into 8 patties and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat. Lightly brush or spray the tops of each with olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden. Remove from the oven and serve with sauce.
- To make the sauce, whisk together all ingredients from Greek yogurt through cracked black pepper, until smooth.