This healthy and high-protein bread pudding breakfast is a classic easy-to-make dessert recipe. If you are looking for a new breakfast treat this is the best option.
Healthy & Easy Bread Pudding Breakfast Recipe by Dave
A healthy dessert and a classic breakfast. Torn bread soaked in sweet custard, with juicy blueberries and raspberries, then baked to perfection in a personal pot. Crispy on top, soft in the middle. Add a dollop of creamy Greek yogurt and breakfast is served!
This is the best bread pudding recipe. A healthy bread and butter pudding lowered the unhealthy aspects and elevated the healthy to make a simple bread and butter pudding recipe. It can be eaten as part of a weight-loss journey or a general healthy diet.
How To Make High Protein Bread Pudding Breakfast:
Here are the instructions on how to make bread pudding from scratch, this easy bread pudding recipe takes just 20 minutes.
Just mix the eggs, milk, sugar, and spices in a bowl. Add the bread, fruit, and seeds, separate into single serving bowls and bake! Easy-peasy, simple-pimple.
20 minutes later and you have a hot bowl of blueberry bread pudding breakfast on your table!
Note: If you want to keep it to eat later, would recommend only keeping it out of the fridge for 1-day maximum. You can refrigerate it for 2-3 days, but it might dry out a bit. It’s best to freeze it then heat it up in the oven, it will come out as soft and creamy as if it was fresh!
High Protein Bread Pudding Breakfast
- 2 eggs
- 2/4 cup milk of choice (like oat milk)
- 1 3/4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4.5 oz wholegrain bread (old, but you can use fresh too)
- 4 tbsp blueberries/raspberries
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (sunflower seeds or sliced almonds)
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 250 C.
- In a medium bowl add the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon. Mix until fully combined.2 eggs,¾ cup milk of choice,1 ¾ tbsp sugar,1 tsp vanilla extract,½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Add bread that has been torn into about 1 inch pieces, blueberries/raspberries and seeds or almonds. Mix until you see that all the bread pieces are in touch with the liquid.4.5 oz wholegrain bread,4 tbsp blueberries/raspberries,2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Brush a small baking mould with oil or give it a light coating with oil spray. Transfer the bread pudding mix and spread evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the middle rack of the oven. Then transfer to the highest rack, turn on the grill or broiler setting at the highest temp. and bake until the bread pudding is golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve bread pudding and dollop with greek yogurt.4 tbsp Greek yogurt