This Healthy Chocolate Chip Bread is easy to make, perfect for snack or dessert options. The delicious recipe is made with oats, whole-wheat flour zucchini, maple syrup, coconut oil, and other simple ingredients.
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD Recipe by Rena
Perfectly moist healthy zucchini bread recipe that will leave your home smelling so delicious. This zucchini bread is made with maple syrup instead of refined sugar and coconut oil instead of butter. Zucchini adds a kick of nutrition to this chocolate chip bread recipe and gives it that moist texture we all love in baked goodies. If you like, you can use this same batter to make muffins instead for the kids to grab and go! This healthy chocolate chip bread recipe will sure be a winner for years to come.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS HEALTHY CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD
- Healthy and nutritious: This chococlate chip zucchini bread recipe is made with healthy incredients and espcially with the addition of zucchini. It is loaded with fiber and packed with nutrients.
- Moist and delicious: You will love how moist and tasty this zucchini bread is. It will be hard to stop at a single serving.
- Easy to make: This healthy zucchini bread is easy to make once you prepped your ingredients. Mix in the dry with wet ingredients , and then add the shredded zucchini. Easy to follow intsructions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Do I peel zucchini for bread?
As tempting as it is to peel the zucchini you definitely don’t need to peel it when using it to make bread. The skin of the zucchini is edible and ok to leave on and shred to make zucchini bread. Make sure you wash the zucchini well.
How do you wash zucchini?
All you need is your hands and cold water. Run the zucchini under cold running water and use your finger to rub it down and remove any dirt that may be clinging to it. You can then dry the zucchini using a paper towel.
Should you remove seeds from zucchini?
No. You do not need to remove the seed from the zucchini. Every part of the zucchini is edible and ok to eat. You can hold the whole zucchini and start shredding with its skin and seeds.
Healthy Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1 medium zucchini about 2 cups shredded – that’s before squeezing
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats or gluten-free option
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips divided, or dairy-free, sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Shred the zucchini, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and let it sit, draining in a colander for 10 minutes.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and mix well.
- Stir in the eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, and whisk to combine.
- Squeeze as much liquid as possible from the zucchini, then fold into the batter together with the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the chocolate zucchini bread cool on a rack for 10-15 minutes, before slicing and serving.
- Allow the zucchini bread to cool before cutting.
- Make sure you drain the zucchini. It is an important step.
- Any flour of choice will work. If you have gluten allergies you can use gluten-free
- We used rolled oats. Quick oats work too.
- You may use honey in place of maple syrup.