Healthy Chicken Parmesan Keto doesn’t get any easier than this! Super crispy edges, juicy chicken and hearty marinara makes this dish a crowd pleaser. Check below directions to know the secret of making Healthy Chicken Parmesan Keto that your family and kids will love.
Keto Chicken Parmesan Recipe and Content by HowToDoThisandThat
How to serve Healthy Parmesan Chicken Keto
Not sure what to serve with keto parmesan chicken? Here is a great list of ideas for anyone on a low carb or keto diet, and other ideas if you are not watching your carbs.
- Keto Or Low Carb Diet Options – You can pair this recipe with cauliflower mash, steamed veggies, zucchini noodles, or even a salad. This chicken parm is very versatile in how to pair.
- Not Low Carb | Reach for mashed potatoes, a bed of rice, garlic bread, or top on a french roll and eat like a sandwich.
How to store parmesan chicken
You will want to store your parmesan chicken in the fridge. This will last when stored properly for up to three days. Use your best judgment as to when you need to toss out any leftovers, to prevent getting sick.
What are the best pork rinds to use for chicken parmesan
Just be sure not to get flavored pork rinds as that will add that specific flavor to your recipe, changing it. Any brand of original will work. Trust me pork rinds work great and you won’t even miss the bread crumbs. This keto recipe is a winner. Grab that baking dish and get to cooking.
Will this recipe double or triple
Absolutely, Yes. Because the chicken breasts vary in size, you might have to batch cook depending on the size of your skillet. But you can very easily double or even triple the recipe to feed however large you need to cook.
Does gluten free chicken parmesan freeze well?
Yes! Just place in an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to three months. Thaw in the fridge before you plan to eat it the night before. Crisp up the gluten free chicken parmesan again by tossing it in the oven at 350 degrees covered with aluminum foil and heat till it is warmed through. Remove the foil the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Healthy Chicken Parmesan Keto
- 4 chicken breasts thin-cut
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup pork rind crumbs crushed
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/2 cups low-carb marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shreded
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with basil, salt, and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the egg and heavy whipping cream.
- Mix together 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and crushed pork rink crumbs and put them on a plate.
- Heat up the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Dip the chicken breasts into the egg mixture and then roll them in the dry mixture to coat both sides.
- Place the coated chicken breasts into the skillet and cook evenly on both sides until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees or higher.
- Turn off the heat to the burner and then heat the broiler function on your oven. While waiting, pour the marinara sauce over the top of the cooked chicken.
- Top each chicken breast with mozzarella cheese and place the skillet into the oven under the broiler until the cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top of the chicken and serve hot. Enjoy!