Step-by-step guide for how to make Healthy Chicken Enchiladas with self-made low carb tortillas, enchilada sauce, chicken & cheese! This low carb chicken enchiladas recipe is easy, scrumptious, and keto-friendly. This clean low carb chicken enchiladas recipe is full of all of the equal Mexican flavors. You’d generally assume from a dish like this. But, this low carb enchilada casserole isn’t too excessive in carbs. You can match the nine grams of internet carbs in line with serving right into a low carb lifestyle.
Chicken Enchiladas Recipe by Jennifer Debth
Revealing to you the way to make low carb enchiladas. Converting historically excessive carb recipes to be low carb is definitely taken into consideration one among my preferred matters ever, so those had been proper up my alley!
This is an easy recipe that calls for little or no skill, in particular in case you are using save offered tortillas. It’s only a case of creating your chicken enchilada blend after which assembling your tortillas and baking. Easy! If you need to DIY the whole thing, then deliver this tortilla recipe a go.
How to Keep Healthy Chicken Enchiladas Soggy?
An outstanding manner to save your enchiladas from getting soggy is to in short fry the tortillas in a touch oil. The oil creates a barrier so the tortillas don’t absorb an excessive amount of of the sauce and get mushy
Healthy Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 6 chicken thigh fillets
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 300 ml tomato puree
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 8 tortilla
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup cheese
- Preheat Oven to 180’C / 350’F. Prep a large baking tray by rubbing a little olive oil on the base (you can use parchment paper to make clean up easier).
- Heat up a large pot on the stove top. Add olive oil and diced onions. Cook until softened (around 5 minutes). Add chicken pieces, salt and pepper. Fry until juices have evaporated and chicken starts to brown.
- Add cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, garlic. Fry for around one minutes, stiring to coat chicken evenly with spices.
- Pour in stock, tomato puree, beans and corn. Cover pot and allow to simmer on medium for 10-15 minutes until chicken is tender and sauce has thickened slightly. Remove from heat. Use a colander to drain the sauce from the chicken and set sauce and chicken filling aside. DO NOT THROW SAUCE AWAY.
- Soften your tortillas by wrapping in foil and heating in the oven for a couple minutes. This makes them easier to work with.
- Spread a teaspoon sour cream on each tortilla and spoon chicken and bean filling on top along the center. Roll up your tortilla and place seam side down in your baking tray. Repeat until all 8 tortillas are done.
- Spoon strained enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas and top with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden and serve.