This Healthy Banana Oat Waffles Recipe is a breakfast delight of light and fluffy waffles cooked to golden brown perfection. These waffles give you the energy you need to start your day. This banana oat waffle recipe will quickly become a household favorite!
Gluten-free Banana Oat Waffles Recipe by Kim’s Cravings
HOW DO YOU MAKE THESE HEALTHY BANANA OATMEAL WAFFLES?
This recipe is super easy and is made with just seven ingredients. They also come together super fast, in your blender.
The recipe itself is pretty straightforward – it’s just a matter of throwing all ingredients into a blender and blending for only a few seconds and just until the batter is smooth. Let the batter rest for about 10 minutes to give the oat flour time to soak up all the moisture. While the batter rests take this time to heat and grease your waffle maker and then you’re all set. Top your waffles with plenty of maple syrup and berries, then serve and enjoy.
TIPS FOR PERFECT GLUTEN FREE WAFFLES
- Let the batter rest for 10 minutes while your waffle iron heats up. The resting time gives the oat flour time to soak up some of the moisture, so you get crisp, fluffy waffles when it’s go time.
- Cook the waffles for around 5 minutes. Once there is no longer steam coming from the waffle maker, the waffles are generally ready to remove. For a crispier crust, leave them a minute or two longer before removing. Don’t have a waffle iron? You better get one asap! Mine was really cheap, but works like a charm and has been going for over 10 years. It’s similar to this one on Amazon. <—affiliate link
- These waffles are good enough to eat plain, but are especially delicious topped with extras like berries, chopped nuts, almond or peanut butter, whipped cream, powdered sugar, jelly, syrup, chocolate … the possibilities are endless!
- Not all waffle makers are made the same. Check the instructions that come with your waffle iron for the manufacturer recommendations on cooking time.
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Waffles
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats gluten free as needed
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or other milk product
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 packet stevia or other preferred sweetener (optional)
- almond/peanut butter
- coconut butter
- coconut oil
- maple syrup and/or fresh fruit
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with cooking spray.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until almost smooth.
- Pour about 3/4 cup batter onto waffle iron. Allow waffle to cook. Cook on the highest setting and a little longer from when the waffle iron goes off, so the waffles are a little crispier, otherwise these will be very soft waffles.
- Continue with the rest of the batter. Depending on the size of your waffle iron, recipe should make about 4 waffles. Enjoy with your favorite toppings!