This Harissa And Honey Chicken is one of those quick and easy weekday meals that you can make up pretty quickly once you get back from your hectic routine.
STICKY HARISSA HONEY GLAZED CHICKEN Recipe by Theendlessmeal
This Harissa recipe has a coating that is meant to be crispy and it is built to last! Even after being coated in honey sauce, the chicken in this recipe is able to maintain its crispiness for several hours. Because of the combination of a number of different Asian cooking techniques. The mixture used in frying produces a coating that is light, airy, and not greasy. It can be prepared in just 30 minutes.
This is one of those fast and easy weeknight meals that you can whip up quickly when you get home and serve with a simple salad. On the side for an easy and healthy dinner. Make this with the skin on the chicken because that’s just the best way. If you’d rather do away with the extra fat from the chicken then obviously feel free to leave it off.
Can you make this with chicken breasts?
Yes! But never choose chicken breasts though since find they don’t have as much flavor as thighs and are generally drier. If you prefer breasts though, this recipe is definitely customizable so feel free to use them instead.
Harissa And Honey Chicken
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/4 tsp EACH: sea salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp cooking oil, if you choose skinless chicken
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp harissa
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, grated on a microplane
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the chicken thighs (and the oil if you're using skinless thighs) in a small ovenproof (preferably cast iron) skillet and season it with sea salt and pepper. Cover the pan (with a lid or foil) and bake it for 15 minutes.4 bone-in chicken thighs,¼ teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper,1 tablespoon cooking oil
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce. Whisk the honey, harissa, white vinegar, and garlic in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Bring it to a boil and continue to boil it, whisking constantly, until the sauce has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove the sauce from the heat.¼ cup honey,2 tablespoons harissa,1 clove garlic,1 teaspoon white vinegar
- After 15 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven and drain off any liquid. Increase the oven temperature to broil. Place the chicken back in the oven, uncovered, on the second rack from the top. Broil for 10 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven and drain off any liquid. Pour the honey harissa sauce over the chicken and toss it to coat then put it back in the oven to broil for 5 minutes more. Serve it immediately.