This Ground Beef Casserole Keto is a recipe that your whole family will love. Although this dish is keto and low carb, it is one easy, delicious, and absolutely satisfying dinner idea! This Ground Beef Casserole Keto recipe brings me back to my childhood. It’s like casseroles speak family dinner, don’t they?
Keto Ground Beef Casserole Recipe by How to This and That
This low-carb dinner recipe stores well making it a great addition to your meal plan or prep. Try adding a little spice to wake it up OR play with your own seasonings! Even though this keto ground beef casserole is low carb, it doesn’t mean it lacks flavor OR has any “different” flavors that most nonketo family members would dislike. Since this is a kid-friendly dinner recipe it saves you from cooking more than once a night. Plus it comes together in a hurry and bakes up to golden perfection.
What’s in this Keto Casserole?
- Cauliflower Rice
- Ground Beef
- Handful of Spices
- Sour Cream
- Variety of Cheeses
- Tomato Sauce
Cauliflower rice, ground beef, seasonings and spices, cheese, and more for one outstanding easy dinner recipe. If you are looking for a new ground beef recipe, you have to give this casserole recipe a try.
A cheesy, savory keto casserole full of flavor with the ultimate cheesy texture. All while keeping it a low carb dinner recipe you don’t have to feel guilty about. To really spice it up and add dimensions toss on some sliced jalapenos, diced tomatoes, and avocado.
How long does this low carb dish take to cook?
Let’s just call this a 30-minute meal! The cheesy, creamy edges begin to bubble up around that time and the cheese will turn a gorgeous golden brown on top. Remove and allow to cool a few minutes before serving. Because there is a cream type sauce in this casserole, it will thicken as it cools.
Ground Beef Casserole Keto
- 1 package (12 ounce) package frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 can (15 ounce) Tomato Sauce
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- sliced green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef with onions and seasonings over medium-high heat. Drain
- Remove from heat and stir in caulifower rice. Add to baking dish.
- Whisk together beaten eggs and sour cream. Pour over ground beef/cauli mixture. Gently stir. Spread evenly in dish. This acts as a binder and holds the beef together so it doesn't just crumble when scooped. It DOES NOT taste eggy.
- Top with tomato sauce, spread evenly. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese on top has melted and edges are bubbly.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and serve