This easy ground beef and cabbage recipe are healthy, low-carb, gluten-free, dairy-free, spicy, and an absolutely delicious dinner idea for busy weeknights!
HEALTHY GROUND BEEF & CABBAGE RECIPE by George
Ingredients You Will Need:
To make this tasty meal you’ll need just a few simple, easy to find ingredients:
- Ground beef
- Cabbage (purple will work as well)
- Tamari sauce
- Chili flakes (don’t add if you don’t like spicy)
- Some fresh ginger
- Oil (used olive oil)
- Toasted sesame seeds to serve.
There are many ways to go with this recipe if an ingredient doesn’t quite work for you:
- Use ground turkey or chicken if you want to avoid red meat.
- use coconut aminos (gluten-free) or soy sauce (which contains gluten and soy) if you don’t have tamari sauce.
- Don’t make it spicy: If you’re not into spicy food, simply leave out the chili flakes.
Instructions For Ground Beef & Cabbage Recipe:
- Chop the cabbage, peel & mince the garlic and chop the ginger.
- Cook ground beef in a nonstick pan, breaking it apart at medium-high heat. Cover with a lid, add some water and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add cabbage, chili flakes, some of the garlic, some of the tamari sauce, and a little oil.
- Cover with a lid again and cook for about 3 minutes at medium-high.
- Next, add more tamari, olive oil, ginger, garlic, and stir, cooking for 4-5 more minutes or until any excess liquid is gone.
- Serve with some toasted sesame seeds! Enjoy!
Ground Beef & Cabbage Recipe
- 3 cups cabbage, chopped
- 250 gram ground beef (about 8 oz)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- Add the beef to a non-stick pan, breaking it apart as well as you can while cooking at medium-high heat. Cover the pan with a lid for 4-5 minutes. Always add just a little bit of water to make sure the beef doesn't burn and get too dry. Please, make sure there's no water in the pan before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the chopped cabbage, chili flakes, 1 garlic clove, 1 tbsp tamari sauce and 1 tbsp oil (used olive oil). Cover with a lid and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Take the lid off, add 1 tbsp tamari, 1 tbsp olive oil and the ginger, the rest of the garlic and let cook for 4-5 more minutes or until any excess liquid is gone (there might be some from cooking the cabbage).
- Serve with some toasted sesame seeds on top! Enjoy!