It’s time to have something yummy, cheesy, creamy, and low-carb grits and shrimp in your brunch or dinner. This dish is the ultimate low-carb comfort food. Moreover, it incorporates bacon, which gives the dish a nice smoky undertone and there’s plenty of silky gravy for spooning over the grits. At under 5 net carbs per serving this will be a new favorite!
Garlic Butter Shrimp And Grits Recipe by Damn Delicious
Speedy comfort food at its best! Perfectly garlicky, buttery shrimp cooked so so quickly, served with the creamiest grits!
This is our new favorite speedy meal. And we know, it looks super fancy and super impressive and maybe even somewhat intimidating, but it’s legit the quickest weeknight meal you can whip up during those busy weeknights.
First, you’ll need some quick-cooking grits, except we’re going to doctor it up a bit using chicken stock and milk, adding a little more flavor and creaminess here.
Then you’ll need some shrimp, a ton of butter, garlic, lemon, paprika, thyme, and some white wine (but you can substitute chicken stock if you need a non-alcoholic substitute). This cooks super fast so be sure to keep a close eye on it.
From there, you can top off your creamy grits with the most garlicky, buttery, lemony shrimp with all the saucy bits. So quick and so so good, letting those grits sop up all that leftover sauce!
Other recipes you might like to try: Simple Mexican Taco Meatloaf, Crispy Chicken Sesame Recipe, Chicken Casserole Broccoli
Grits and Shrimp Keto
- 1 cup quick cooking grits
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups whole milk
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 shallot minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, divided
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Melt remaining 7 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallot, and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 2 minutes. Stir in garlic, thyme and paprika until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in white wine and Worcestershire.
- Add shrimp; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons parsley and lemon juice.
- Serve immediately with grits, garnished with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley; if desired.