This Garlic Shrimp with Parmesan Recipe is an easy shrimp dish that is perfect if you’re looking for a quick and healthy meal. A lot of people have already got a taste of this recipe and are very happy with how it went. Garlic Shrimp with Parmesan has a rustic and buttery sauce coating, ready in less than 10 minutes, people will think there is a hidden chef in your kitchen!
Creamy Garlic Shrimp with Parmesan Recipe by Karina
Sides for Creamy Garlic Shrimp
- We prefer ours served over rice that has been simmered with onions and garlic for added flavor. Mm-mm-mm.
- Pasta that has been mixed through with olive oil, salt, and garlic. Plus a touch of extra parmesan never hurt anyone.
- Mashed potatoes
- Garlic bread soaking up the creamy sauce. Heaven.
— LOW CARBS
- Zucchini noodles
- Cauliflower rice
- Mashed cauliflower
- Steamed vegetables
- Simple side salad
What wine goes well with this?
White wine is perfect for this recipe. A light Chardonnay or Pinot Gris pairs really well. For a sweeter wine, choose a Riesling or a Sparkling Moscato.
- You can use shrimp with tails on or off. We kept ours on for a visual impact as they photograph better.
- Try to find fresh wild-caught shrimp. Frozen shrimp is good too, but fresh will always have a better flavor.
- If you don’t want to use salted butter, use unsalted and season shrimp to suit your taste.
- Feel free to use reduced-fat cream (or light cream), half and half, or heavy/thickened cream. You can also use evaporated milk as a low-calorie substitution.
Other recipes you might like to try: Lemon Chili Shrimp Quinoa Bowls, Shrimp Avocado Keto Salad, Shrimp and Mango Guacamole
Garlic Shrimp with Parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb (500g) shrimp tails on or off
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup reduced fat cream
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Fresh chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side, until just cooked through and pink. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet. Sauté garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Pour in the white wine or broth; allow to reduce to half while scraping any bits off of the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the cream and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add the parmesan cheese and allow the sauce to gently simmer for a further minute or so until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens.
- Add the shrimp back into the pan, sprinkle with parsley. Taste test sauce and adjust salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve over pasta, rice, or steamed veg.
Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 234mg
Sodium: 110mg | Potassium: 223mg | Vitamin A: 1765IU
Vitamin C: 9.2mg | Calcium: 375mg | Iron: 2.8mg