Best Fuel for Fitness
Being fit, healthy and in good shape could cause significant nutritional changes in your life. It involves eating the right food in the right proportion and at the right time. Also, noting that the food you eat could have a negative or positive impact on your exercise would help you make a plan.
Fueling your body: Planning the Right Food
Fueling your body involves having an adequate diet that your fitness journey requires. The classes of food to consider when planning your diet include:
- Carbohydrates provide energy that our body needs to support bodily functions and physical activity. However, carbohydrate comes in simple sugars and complex sugars. It is better to take high fiber cereals like oatmeal than those sugary cereals.
- Protein helps growth, repair, and maintenance of your muscles. Unlike carbohydrates and fat, protein doesn’t fuel your body substituting it by carbs is not recommendable. Protein meals include:
– Red meat
– Dairy products
– Vegetables and oil
- Fats you eat give your body energy that it needs to work properly. Food to consider for the correct example of fat include:
– Oils, especially olive oils
- Fruits and vegetables contain water and fiber that add volume to your dishes, so you can eat the same amount of food with fewer calories. Most fruits and vegetables are very filling and hydrating.
– Onions and Garlic
- Water also acts as a weight-loss aid because it can help you eat less. Sweats during workout increase fluid loss and it provides hydration without unwanted calories.
Breakfast is a MUST
Breakfast is an essential meal by providing the energy you need for a day. Skipping it to reduce calorie intake will cause you consuming high sugary food with low nutrient during the day.
Pre-workout nutrition is the food you take before your workout. It provides your body with sufficient levels of energy and increases endurance to perform at optimal level.
Pre-workout Meal Plan
When you have 2-3 hours before a workout session, you could consider food like:
- Salads and sandwich
- Egg omelet, toasts, and smoothies
- Brown rice with steamed veggies
Less than two hours before a workout session
- Oatmeal with milk
Less than one hour before a workout session
Intense workout leaves your body starving for fuel. Therefore, taking post workout meal help you rebuild, repair and regrow all the muscle protein. Choosing the right nutritious food after exercise can help your body get this one faster.
Planning your Post-workout Nutrition
Preparation of this meal depends on the type of activity and your desired result. In building muscle on strength training, opting for protein 35g and carbs 40g is essential immediately after a workout session. Alternatively, in moderate intensity training, you could wait as long as 45 minutes before eating and eat less protein
Best Meals to consider after a Workout
- Brown rice
- Nut butter
- Lean protein, carbs, and smoothies
- Fruits and whey protein
- Scrambled eggs with avocado
- Potatoes with vegetables
Not Getting Enough Fuel for Your Exercise?
Factors that could influence fuel for fitness are
- Food-Fueling your body involves considering timing and nutrients based on your workout type and specific body needs.
- Water-.Water is part of the fuel needed before a workout, during an exercise, and after the workout.
- Sleep– Make sure you are getting enough rest for tissue repair
Balancing calorie deficit
A calorie deficit is a difference between calorie consumed and calorie lost from exercises and day to day activities. It is essential for you to eat the right nutrients while only reducing your intake gradually. Portion control is vital when weight loss and lean mass is your goal. Fitr365 provides fitness training that considers your nutrition. We provide customized training with nutritional packages and a coach to make you healthier, stronger and confident.
In conclusion, the accurate fueling before, during and after a workout would boost your performance, prevent fatigue and increase energy. Eventually, planning your diet and the right fuel for your fitness goals would enhance your results.