You need to try this fried rice recipe cauliflower that is perfect for your keto diet and low carb.
Full of vegetables and fresh ginger, this Asian Fried Rice recipe will be your favorite that is ready in 30-minutes! Vegan & Gluten-free.
This recipe is actually a cheat for family that likes to eat rice but wants to lose too much carbs. You may cook rice, chop up some broccoli and mix the two together. It tastes almost as good with cauliflower rice. Vegan fried rice tastes like a mix of rice and quinoa. It’s delicious! But we all know that cauliflower is not rice, so I add a few more ingredients to this all veggie version. Feel free to add to or leave out what you want to make it your own.
Cauliflower “Rice” is an easy side. While it’s made fairly quickly, it does require that the cauliflower be grated (either by hand or in a food processor) to get that fine rice texture. BUT, it can be chopped on a cutting board and be a made chunky, too. It will taste the same, just look less like rice.
Tips For Making Fried Rice Recipe Cauliflower
- You can make the cauliflower rice yourself or use frozen cauliflower fried rice to make it easier on yourself!
- Use a mix of frozen vegetables (broccoli, rice, and carrots) to save even more time.
- Don’t skip the fresh garnish, it adds so much flavor!
- Double the recipe so you’ll have leftovers for easy lunches all week!
- Add baked tofu or tempeh for an extra boost of plant-based protein!
Fun fact— Did you know that the rice in fried rice isn’t actually fried? In traditional Chinese cooking, the rice is stir-fried which resulted in calling the dish fried rice!
Other recipes you might like to try:
Fried Rice Recipe Cauliflower - Keto and Low Carb
- 1 large head Cauliflower remove the florets
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 10 oz bag frozen broccoli or 1 head of fresh broccoli
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup spring onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrot sticks (optional)
- Cut the cauliflower florets off and put them into the food processor and pulse on high until it resembles small rice grains. Set aside.
- Saute the diced onions in coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat until softened. Add the frozen broccoli, carrot sticks (optional) and water. Cover and let the water steam the vegetables until soft.
- Remove the lid and push the veggies to one side of the pan. Add the cauliflower rice, fresh ginger, and tamari to the other side of the pan. Stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes or until cauliflower rice is cooked through. Season with pepper. Garnish with cilantro and green onions.
Reasons Why You’ll Love Vegan Fried Rice Too
- It’s ready in 30 minutes!
- It’s easy to make!
- It’s loaded with vegetables!
- It tastes like Chinese food takeout but it’s actually healthy and good for you!
- It’s secretly low-carb!