This Fried Rice Cauliflower Recipe is keto and low-carb can be made in about 15 minutes! It can be served by itself as a quick lunch, or as a side dish. This recipe can be part of a gluten-free, dairy-free diet.
Easy Low-Carb Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe by Annissa Slusher
This recipe is based on a fried rice recipe. We find cauliflower fried rice even easier to make than regular fried rice. There’s no reason to make the rice separately. So, just cook it in the pan with the other veggies.
Made this rice with both fresh riced cauliflower and frozen riced cauliflower. Either works well. There is no reason to defrost the frozen cauliflower before using it.
Pre-riced cauliflower is getting easier and easier to find. All of us low-carb people are putting more pressure on supermarkets to carry products that work for us! Great job everyone! If you can’t find pre-riced cauliflower, you can rice it yourself with a grater or a food processor.
This Easy Low-Carb Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe pairs well with Chinese food as well as simple entrees like this Easy low-carb citrus-ginger grilled chicken kabobs or Grilled chili lime shrimp kabobs. We find this fried rice makes a tasty, simple lunch by itself. With a bit of leftover chicken or shrimp tossed in, it can even serve as a main course. Enjoy!
Fried Rice Cauliflower Recipe
- 2 tbsp butter, ghee, coconut oil, or olive oil
- 12 ounces riced cauliflower fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup carrot finely diced (optional)
- 1 ounce green onion (about 2 large or 4 small) sliced, with white and green parts separated
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce or tamari (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Add carrots and riced cauliflower. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften–about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the white part of the green onions. Cook until vegetables are almost tender–about 2-3 minutes more. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the egg and stir it together with the vegetables. Cook, stirring the mixture frequently, until the egg is scrambled. This takes about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce, green part of green onions, and the sesame oil. Taste and adjust seasoning.