This easy shrimp curry recipe is made with coconut cream and ready in just 10 minutes. This one-pot dinner recipe is low-carb and dairy-free.
SHRIMP CURRY Recipe by ARMAN
This curry recipe is easy, delicious, and comes together in no time.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Canned diced tomatoes: Use one that has no added sugar in it.
- Olive oil: To saute the vegetables.
- Onion, garlic, and ginger: Key ingredients for any good curry out there.
- Curry powder: Use a good quality curry powder, preferably from an Indian grocery store or spice retailer.
- Fish broth: Chicken broth can also be used.
- Coconut cream: Gives the curry a luxurious richness and creaminess, with none of the heavy cream or dairy.
- Shrimp: Large, raw shrimp with their tails removed. Do not use frozen or pre-cooked shrimp.
- Salt and pepper: To taste.
Instructions For Easy Shrimp Curry Recipe:
Start by blending your tomatoes until an almost liquid texture remains. Next, add the olive oil into a non-stick pan and place it over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion, garlic, ginger, and curry powder and cook for a minute. Add the fish broth and blended tomatoes and bring it to a boil. Once it boils, reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and let it simmer for five minutes.
Tips To Make The Best Recipe:
- Frozen shrimp will work, provided they are not pre-cooked and have been thawed to room temperature.
- You can use coconut milk or coconut cream. The latter will yield a slightly thicker and creamier curry.
- This curry is not overly spicy, so add some red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, if desired.
Storing, freezing, and reheating:
- To store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to five days.
- To freeze: Place the cooled curry in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Reheating: Either microwave the curry for 30-40 seconds or in a small saucepan until warm.
Other recipes you might like to try: Instant Pot Kale Soup, Keto Baked Shrimp Broccoli, Grits and Shrimp Keto
Easy Shrimp Curry Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 cup fish broth
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes, blended
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, tails removed
- Add the canned diced tomatoes into a blender and blend until silky smooth.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil. Once hot, add the onion and cook for several minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, and curry powder and pan fry for 30-seconds.
- Add the fish broth and blended diced tomatoes and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to low, cover and let everything simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir through the coconut cream then Add the shrimp and simmer until fully cooked through.
- Remove the curry off the heat and serve immediately.