The tasty and delicious Easy Pizza Lettuce Wraps are a fun twist on the classic Asian recipe that is a healthy, low carb, and gluten-free dinner!
Low Carb Pizza Lettuce Wraps Recipe by Taylor Kiser
Everyone loves pizza. This is a fact.
Whether it’s Pizza Low Carb Lasagna with Zucchini Noodles or just traditional pizza. It’s just one of those things that you need to be a crazy person to not like. How can you go wrong with bread, cheese, and saucy goodness? You just can’t.
This got a crazy little brain thinking about what would happen when you combine 2 amazing comfort foods, and so healthy pizza lettuce wraps were born.
These yummy little lettuce wraps take away the carbines of pizza but still maintain the ooey-gooey, cheesy sauciness that is really what makes pizza ah-may-zing.
That might be a little bit untrue, but this is a REALLY good substitute for when you have a pizza craving but also wanna be healthy ya know?
You are going to love the ingredients list for these wraps because it includes lots of nutritious veggies and proteins but doesn’t skimp on that pizza flavor you love, either! Here’s what you’ll need to round up before you get cooking:
- Bacon, cooked and diced
- Olive Oil
- Yellow onion
- Green Pepper
- White Mushrooms
- Lean Ground Beef
- Green Cabbage or Butter Lettuce
- Organic Pizza Sauce
- Deli Ham, thinly sliced
- Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
How To Make Low Carb Lettuce Wraps
Pour about ½ the olive oil into a pan and bring it up to medium-high heat. Add the onion and peppers and sautee for about 3 minutes or until softened. Add in the mushrooms and cook another minute or 2, then season the veggies with salt.
Bring a medium pan up to medium-high heat and then add the ground beef, breaking it up as it cooks. Cook until it is no longer pink, which should take about 5 minutes.
Layout your lettuce cups of choice and divide the pizza sauce evenly among them. Follow it up with the cooked veggies, beef, bacon, ham, pepperoni, and cheese.
Serve up these easy keto lettuce wraps and DEVOUR!
Easy Pizza Lettuce Wraps
For the filling:
- 4 Strips of bacon, cooked and diced.
- 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 a yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 a Green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup White mushrooms, diced
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 pound Lean ground beef,
- 8 leaves Green cabagge or butter lettuce.
- 4 tbsp Organic Pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup Thinly sliced deli ham, diced
- 8 slices Pepperoni
- 1/2 cup Reduced fat Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Put the 1/2 Tbsp olive oil in a large pan and heat on medium-high heat.
- Add in the peppers and onions and cook until softened, about 3 min. Add in the mushrooms and cook for another minute or two, until soft. Season with salt.
- Heat a medium pan on medium/high heat and cook the ground beef until no longer pink inside, breaking it up as it cooks, about 5 minutes.
- Divide the pizza sauce between the lettuce (or cabbage), followed by the cooked veggies, bacon, beef, ham, pepperoni and cheese.