This perfect and easy omelet recipe is packed with protein and the best healthy food option. Ready with simple ingredients like eggs, seasonings, and optional cheese.
Best easy omelette Recipe by Dave
Omelets are such a nutritious and easy vegetarian lunch. This simple omelet recipe is a great lunch option if you’re trying to lose weight since protein helps you to stay feeling full because it takes longer than carbohydrates to digest.
Simple Ingredients You Will Need:
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Cheddar Cheese, grated. (Optional)
Instructions For Easy Omelette Recipe:
- This easy omelet recipe is all about technique. Just you, three eggs, and the frying pan!
- The first tip: Don’t mix anything with the eggs. No milk, no cream, no nothing. Just egg. Not even seasoning. whisk them well.
- Make sure the stove is at a medium temperature – perfect for cooking eggs!
- ‘Ruffle’ the eggs a little at the beginning of cooking – use a spatula to move the mixture about so it doesn’t stick too much in one place.
- Now, tip the excess mixture into the gaps you’ve just created for about a minute.
- After roughly three minutes the eggs will be almost cooked, and they should have just a very thin layer of uncooked egg left on top.
- That’s your signal to stop cooking!
- It may be tempting to leave them on the heat just a little longer but don’t. Add cheese if you fancy it, and some salt and pepper to enhance the flavor.
- Finally, fold the omelet and serve.
Easy Omelette Recipe
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a pan (non stick if possible) on a medium heat, ½ tbsp olive oil.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix well, 3 eggs.
- Pour the egg mix into the pan.
- Using a spatula, ruffle the omelette so it doesn't stick.
- Let it cook for about 3 minutes.
- Here’s the important part: when the egg mixture looks nearly cooked (but there’s still just a tiny bit of runny egg left) drop on the cheese, if using. ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated.
- Fold one half of the omelette on top of the other.
- Slide it on to a plate – the heat from closing the omelette will finish cooking the inside.
- Season with salt and pepper (be sure to do this after cooking – the flavour comes out so much more!) .salt and pepper to taste
- Enjoy the perfect omelette.