The greatest Keto Red Velvet Cake, with a wonderful cream cheese frosting and very soft, moist, and tender texture. This cake may appear to be quite elegant, but it is really simple to create and only requires a few ingredients. It’s even better because a slice only has 4g net carbs.
Easy Keto Red Velvet Cake Recipe by Ioana Borcea from Low Carbs Park
You can never tell that there’s no butter, no grains, and no sugar in this keto red velvet cake recipe. With a lovely cream cheese icing, the mouthfeel is soft, fluffy, and slightly tender. It’s sweet and buttery, with a hint of vanilla, and the cream cheese adds a subtle tang.Fluffy layers of sugar-free red velvet cake with the greatest cream cheese frosting. Is there a better option?
What does the Keto Red Velvet Cake taste like?
A red velvet cake’s appeal is that, aside from its distinctive color, it lacks a distinguishing flavor. While some red velvet cakes have a slight chocolate flavor, the most of the red velvet cakes I’ve tried have been largely vanilla flavored, with a buttery underdone.
Tips to make the best low carb Red Velvet Cake
- Don’t overbake – Overbaking makes the keto cake layers super dry. Note that all of the ovens are different and there are some ovens that bake faster than the others.
- Cool completely before frosting the cake. The heat that comes from the cake layers will melt the frosting.
- Use room temperature ingredients – this is a very important step.
- Don’t expect this cake to rise too much because it doesn’t contain any grain.
How to store the Keto Red Velvet Cake
- To store: Any leftover red velvet cake should be kept refrigerated because it spoils quickly at room temperature. If you completely cover the cake, it will last for up to a week. Allow 30 minutes for it to come to room temperature before eating.
- To freeze: To freeze single pieces of the cake, place them in a container and freeze for up to 6 months.
Can I make this Keto Red Velvet Cake without the food coloring?
Yes, you can. The food coloring only affects the looks and not the taste. Without the food coloring, the cake will be slightly brown and not red.
Easy Keto Red Velvet Cake
- 5 large eggs room temperature
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup erythritol
- 1 1/2 tbspp Natural Liguid or Gel Red food coloring
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 16 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 4 oz unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and line the bottom of two 9-inch round baking pas with parchment paper. Grease well the sides of the pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the soft butter and powdered sweetener until smooth and lighter in color.
- Incorporate the eggs one by one.
- Reduce mixer speed and add apple cider vinegar, vanilla, heavy cream.
- Incorporate the almond flour in batches using your electric mixer. Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder and continue mixing until the batter is smooth.
- Incorporate your red food coloring of choice until you reach the desired color. Add one teaspoon at a time to reach our desired color. The batter will be slightly thick and silky.
- Divide the batter between the 2 prepared pans, and smooth the tops.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, until the tops look firm and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove the cake layers from the oven cool completely. The cake layers must be completely cool before frosting.
- Make the keto cream cheese frosting
- In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese, softened butter, powdered sweetener, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed for about 3 minutes until the frosting is airy and creamy.
Assemble and frost the cake
- Place one layer on a large serving plate or cake stand and evenly cover with half of the frosting. Top with the second cake layer and spread the remaining frosting over the tops and sides. You can use an icing spatula.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 60 minutes before slicing to help keep its shape when cutting. Enjoy!