These Easy Crustless Ham And Swiss Quiche are delicious and elegant staples of French cuisine. So versatile in filling variations.
Crustless Ham and Swiss Quiche Recipe by Alpana
A quiche is a savory pie, usually with a pastry crust, filled with a combination of eggs and milk or cream. Vegetables, cheese, meats, and even sometimes seafood can be added in a variety of combinations.
Though it’s considered French, using eggs and cream in pastry was practiced in English and Italian cuisines for centuries. There are many variants of quiche and you can really get creative with filling options. The best known is quiche Lorraine, which includes everyone’s favorite breakfast thing, bacon.
Ingredients for Crustless Ham And Swiss Quiche:
- Ham – This is a good one to use any leftover holiday ham in your freezer. That’s what did here. If not, you can always grab some nice ham in your deli.
- Cheese – Using swiss for this one. You can use whatever you prefer or have handy.
- Zucchini – Sliced please. Some people grate this, sliced looks prettier and tastes better.
- Cream – Used heavy whipping cream. So important for a creamy luscious quiche.
- Milk – Using half milk and half cream, to keep the calories a little lower. You can make this entirely with just cream (or use half and half).
- Eggs – It ain’t quiche without eggs.
- Thyme – Using dried this time but if you happen to have fresh, use that rather than dried.
- Salt and pepper – To taste.
This is a great meal prep breakfast option. You can freeze this quiche beautifully for up to a month. To take care of quick morning breakfast, once the quiche is completely cooled, cut the quiche into slices and individually wrap them in plastic wrap. When ready to eat, just microwave from frozen on high at 30-second intervals until heated through. If you have frozen the entire quiche whole, you can reheat covered with foil (so it won’t burn) in the oven at 350°F for 15-20 minutes.
Easy Crustless Ham And Swiss Quiche
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 8 oz shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sautéed zucchini (2 cups before cooking)
- 1 tsp thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in skillet over medium heat, add ham and and sauté until lightly browned (optional). Remove and set aside.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in skillet and add diced zucchini. Cook until slightly softened.
- Mix eggs, cream, milk, thyme, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- In lightly greases 8-9 inch, layer ham, most of the cheese and zucchini. Pour in egg mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven 35-40 minutes, until knife of toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.