This Butter Chicken is a savory and tasty recipe great for your low carb diet. A perfect healthy main dish recipe for lunch or dinner. This recipe is so easy to follow.
According to Keto Connect, If you’ve never tried your hand at Indian food, this is a great place to start. Eating out can be tricky because a lot of the time sugar is added to the curries and some difficult keto ingredients for thickening the sauce. This is a guarantee that you will not only find this Butter Chicken recipe easy to make, but you will also love indian food. You can also partner this Easy Butter Chicken Keto and serve it with some cauliflower rice. Of course you can use any meat you want in this recipe, lamb is always a favorite or paneer for a vegetarian route, but chicken is the most versatile recipe for Keto diet. The simplicity of chicken, regardless of the cut, allows you to transform it into pretty much anything you want.
Tip: If you don’t have any turmeric on hand you can replace it with some curry powder!
Keto Butter Chicken Recipe by Keto Connect
Easy Butter Chicken Keto
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1.5 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1.5 tsp turmeric powder Alternative: curry powder
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Cut the chicken up into bite sized chunks and generously coat them in the turmeric, ginger, salt, chili powder and cinnamon. Set aside in a bowl.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add the butter. As the butter melts dice the onion and garlic and add it to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Increase the pan heat to medium-high and add the chicken. Cook it almost entirely through – the outside should be white and this will take about 3-5 minutes.
- Once the chicken looks almost fully cooked add in the heavy whipping cream and tomato paste. Using a spatula mix in the tomato paste so it runs smooth through the heavy whipping cream. It should be an orange color at this point. Turn the heat to medium-low and cover with a lid for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove lid and combine. The chicken is fully cooked and you should be able to eat it. However, if you like a thicker curry sauce allow it to reduce with the lid off until it reaches the consistency you like.
- Serve with low carb cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
Keto Butter Chicken Amount Per Serving
Calories 385 Calories from Fat 241 % Daily Value*
Fat 26.75g = 41%
Carbohydrates 6.25g =2%
Fiber 0.25g =1%
Protein 26.5g =53% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.