Try this Detox Southwest Chicken Soup to help kick-start your diet! This Soup is super clean and healthy. It’s a lean, healthy chicken and vegetable soup with several detoxifying ingredients to help flush toxins from your body and boost your metabolism.
Detox Southwest Chicken Soup Recipe by aspicyperspective
This soup is meant to be eaten for several days in a row to get your system back on track. This Soup is low fat, low carb, paleo, gluten-free, and it works like a charm when using the soup as a cleanse!
If you’ve tried detox soup cleanse, this Detox Soup is a zesty way to mix things up.
How to Make this Soup
To make this Soup, You can use Old El Paso Green Chiles to give the broth a smoky undertone, then loaded it with:
- Skinless chicken breasts for lean protein
- Cabbage, broccoli, avocado, garlic and turmeric… All detoxifying ingredients that help your body release toxins
- Ground cumin and crushed red pepper for additional southwest essence
The combination of the Old El Paso green chilis and the spices, enhances the natural flavor of the chicken and veggies for a bold tantalizing flavor.
Plus, the release of toxins from this detox soup helps your body work more efficiently, meaning:
- Purging water retention
- A metabolic boost
- More energy
- And better sleep!
Detox Southwest Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cans Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles (4.5-ounce cans)
- 14.5 ounces crushed tomatoes "fire roasted"
- 3 quaers Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 21/2 cups sliced carrots
- 4 cups Chopped Cabbage
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 medium avocados peeled and diced
- salt and pepper
- Set a large 6-8 quart pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, chopped onions, and garlic. Sauté for 5-6 minutes to soften. Then add whole raw chicken breasts, Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, all the spices, carrots, and 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 20+ minutes, until the chicken breasts are cooked through. Then remove the chicken with tongs and set them on a cutting board to cool.
- Add the chopped cabbage and broccoli to the pot. Continue to simmer to soften the broccoli. Meanwhile, shred the chicken breasts with two forks, and stir it back into the soup. Once the broccoli is tender, taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm with a generous amount of diced avocado on top!