This Crispy Chicken Wings Keto is just the perfect fit whether you need a crowd-pleaser dish or just comfort food. This Crispy Chicken Wings Keto is a recipe you just can’t resist, but don’t worry! It’s perfect for the ketogenic diet as it doesn’t use carby BBQ sauce or hot sauce.
Crispy Keto Chicken Wings Recipe by TJ from Yummy Keto Cooking
HOW TO MAKE KETO CHICKEN WINGS
These wings are not only crazy good, but they’re crazy easy to make. First, you’ll separate and dry your wings. Then, you’ll mix up some baking powder, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and toss that with the wings. You can also place the wings on a baking sheet, and rub the baking powder mixture on top – either way works.
Using a little baking powder actually helps get the wings crispier when you bake them in the oven.
For the baking portion, you’ll put them in for about a half-hour, pull ‘em out and flip them, then continue to cook. All in all, you’re looking at around 50 minutes of cooking time, but it’s well worth it!
BREAKING DOWN CHICKEN
If you’re just buying chicken wings for the first time, you might be surprised that they look different than you get them at a restaurant. You’ll just need to break them down yourself, which is very easy.
Chicken wings are made up of three parts:
- Drumette – This is the part that attached the wing to the animal, and looks like a mini drumstick.
- Flat (or wingette) – This is the middle part of the chicken wing, and looks a bit like a flat oval.
- Tip – This is the very end of the chicken wing, and is pointy.
Here, we split it into two sections – the drumette and the flat/tip. It’s best to leave the tip connected to the flat because you can get some crispy chicken skin on there (though there’s not much meat underneath). If you prefer cutting the tip-off, that’s fine too!
Crispy Chicken Wings Keto
- 3-4 lbs chicken wings separated into the drumette and the flat/tip
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot
- 3 tbsp Frank’s Red Hot
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare the chicken wings by separating them into the drumette and the flat/tip portion. Dry them well with a paper towel.
- Combine the baking powder, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl. Toss this with the chicken wings.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet, and place the chicken wings on the baking sheet. (You’ll likely need two baking sheets).
- Place the baking sheets in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Take the baking sheets out and flip the wings over. Return to the oven and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Once the wings are done, melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave. Combine the butter and the hot sauce in a large bowl, and toss the wings in the sauce.
- Serve as-is, with crumbled blue cheese on top, or with an appropriate blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping.
- Calories 419
- Fat 32g
- Sodium 1362 mg
- Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Sugar 0.5 g
- Protein 30.2 g
- Vitamin A: 10%
- Vitamin C: 49%
- Calcium: 14%
- Iron: 11%