This Creamy Chocolate Mousse Keto is super rich and smooth that you won’t believe that this delicious dessert is keto. It is an indulgent dessert that is keto-friendly and is low in carbs and it only takes up 20 minutes and use 5 ingredients to whip up this delectable dessert.
Low Carb Chocolate Mousse Recipe by Katerina Petrovska
WHAT MAKES THIS CREAMY KETO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE?
This Chocolate Mousse uses a chocolate sweetener that helps in keeping it a keto-friendly dessert. If you’re on a Keto diet, you should make sure to use 75% dark cocoa powder for your chocolate mousse.
This Creamy Keto Chocolate Mousse is still flavorful and has amazing texture even though this desert is low-carb and keto.
TIPS FOR THE BEST KETO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- Adjusting to the taste: You should taste the mousse first and make sure that you are satisfied with the amount of the sweetener you used.
- Avoid Over-Whipping the Cream and Vanilla: You should stop whisking your heavy cream and vanilla when the mixture just thickens and becomes creamy. Not being able to stop whisking would result to the formation of stiff peaks. even before adding your other ingredients.
- Mix until the Stiff Peaks Form: Once you have added your cocoa powder, chocolate sweetener, and salt, mix your mousse until its texture is the consistency of a mousse. Test your stiff peaks by slowly lifting your beater from the mousse. If it spikes up and stays that way, your mousse is now ready.
KETO-FRIENDLY TOPPING IDEAS
Aside from having this creamy keto chocolate mousse, you would want to have your tasty topping to compliment this dessert. Here are some of the keto-friendly topping ideas that would not only add to the flavor but also keep you fit and healthy.
- Sea Salt: If you love eating sweet and salty foods, top your mousse with a sprinkle of coarse sea salt.
- Unsweetened Coconut: The taste of shredded coconuts could make you feel as if you’re in a tropical island.
- Strawberries: Chocolate covered strawberry slices gives a beautiful presentation and a wonderful flavor.
- Mint Leaves: Mint leaves make a beautiful garnish for this creamy chocolate mousse.
HOW TO STORE THE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- Leftover mousse should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay good for up to 5 days.
- Aside from storing the mousse in an airtight container, you can also chill your mousse in the fridge for an hour or two before you add your toppings if you prefer a colder and firmer mousse.
Creamy Chocolate Mousse Keto Recipe
- Electric Mixer
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup powdered sweetener
- 1 pinch salt
- whipped cream for garnish, optional
- chocolate shavings for garnish, optional
- raspberries for garnish, optional
- Combine heavy cream and vanilla in the bowl of your electric mixer; whip with the whisk attachment(s) on medium speed until thickened and creamy, but not stiff.
- Add cocoa powder, sweetener and salt; increase speed to high and continue to mix until you reach a creamy mousse consistency and peaks are stiff.
- Spoon mousse into serving bowls.
- Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and raspberries.
- Serve and enjoy!