This Low-Carb Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup recipe hits the spot on cold days! This delicious soup can be part of a low-carb, ketogenic, Whole30, Atkins, gluten-free, grain-free, Paleo or Banting diet.
Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe by simplysohealthy
- This soup recipe is made for busy people! Start it up in the morning and come home to a delicious dinner! If your mornings are busy, you can fill the crock the night before, then cover and refrigerate. In the morning, just put the crock in the slow cooker, turn it on, and go.
- This recipe makes enough for a small family. With 12 one cup servings, there will be enough to go around even if the neighborhood kids stay for dinner. Take the leftovers to work and heat them up for lunch. Leftovers can also be frozen for a super-easy meal another day.
- This Vegetable Beef Soup makes a wonderful dinner to come home to. Add a salad and some low-carb biscuits, or this low-carb keto-friendly cornbread from Sugar Free Londoner and you’ll have a classic meal with a low-carb twist. Enjoy!
Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
- 4 slices bacon sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 pounds stew meat cut into 1" cubes, patted dry
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 32 ounces beef broth low-sodium
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1/4 cup green beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small celeriac (about 6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 28 ounce tomatoes can diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon sea salt Sea Salt
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon. Cook bacon, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Remove bacon, using a slotted spoon, to a paper-towel lined plate. Cover bacon and refrigerate for later.
- Discard all but about 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease. Return pan to burner over medium-high heat. Add beef cubes in batches, making sure they do not touch. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Brown each side of the beef cubes . Do not cook meat throughout. When outside is brown, transfer beef to the slow-cooker crock using a slotted spoon. Repeat for the rest of the meat.
- Once all of the beef has been browned and is in the slow-cooker, turn the skillet heat to medium low. Add vinegar to the skillet. Stir, scraping up brown bits, until vinegar has thickened. Pour in about 1/4 cup of the broth and continue to scrape up any browned bits. Transfer liquid to the slow-cooker.
- Add remaining broth, onion, green beans, celeriac, carrots, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, garlic rosemary, thyme, salt (only if using low-salt broth), and pepper to the slow-cooker. Stir gently.
- Cover the slow-cooker and cook on the low setting for 6 to 8 hours. Taste and adjust seasoning before serving. Garnish with reserved bacon bits before serving.