This Classic Keto Deviled Eggs recipe is a classic family favorite! This recipe is a high protein, easy-to-make finger food that is perfect for any special occasion, BBQ, or potluck. These classic keto deviled eggs are so easy to make, don’t require a ton of ingredients, and are super versatile. Combine them with different seasonings and toppings for more variety. The perfect low carb snack or appetizer!
Keto Deviled Eggs Recipe by Chrystal from Four Score Living
CLASSIC KETO DEVILED EGGS
Every year, at every holiday gathering, someone brings deviled eggs. Keto deviled eggs make a great appetizer, a delicious side dish, and they are the perfect pop-able finger food. They are healthy and high in protein and fat, and I can’t get enough of them. Some people like a bit of sweetness to their keto deviled eggs but this keto deviled egg recipe is all about the tang and the spice. If you don’t like spice, simply leave the paprika off the top.
You can make the hard-boiled eggs your favorite way but we prefer to use our Instant Pot.
TIPS FOR THE BEST DEVILED EGGS
Use a sharp knife to cut the eggs in half, to keep the whites from breaking.
Use a piping bag with piping to making filling each egg easier. If you don’t have a piping bag, you can use a large zip lock bag and cut the tip-off.
You can make these deviled eggs up to a day in advance, but they are best when served the same day.
HOW TO MAKE EGGS FOR DEVILED EGGS
Traditionally people boiled eggs for deviled eggs but the latest trick is to steam them. By steaming them and putting them straight into an ice bath, you prevent overcooking and it’s easier to peel the eggs. When we make keto deviled eggs, we like to steam them in our pressure cooker (instant pot). Instant pot hard-boiled eggs are the way to go!
To cook your eggs in an instant pot, place the metal basket at the bottom and add a cup of water. Set your eggs on top of the basket and select “manual” cook. Set the time to 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes is up, leave the eggs in the pressure cooker for another 5 minutes (watch the timer and don’t go over).
Press the quick-release button to release the steam. Once the steam is released, transfer the eggs to an ice bath. We usually fill a big bowl with water and some ice. Once the eggs are chilled, you can make your keto deviled eggs. You can also make air fryer hard-boiled eggs if you have an air fryer.
Classic Keto Deviled Eggs
- 1 dozen large eggs hard boiled or steamed until cooked through
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika for sprinkling on top
- Peel the cooked eggs.
- Slice each egg in half, lengthwise.
- Remove the yolk halves and place in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Arrange the egg white halves on a serving platter or in a storage container (if you’re making them a day ahead).
- Using a fork, mash up the yolks.
- Add mustard, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Pipe or spoon the egg yolk mixture into the egg white halves.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve right away or store for up to a day.
- This keto deviled egg recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the eggs in half, to keep the whites from breaking.
- Use a piping bag with a piping to making filling each egg easier.
- You can make these deviled eggs up to a day in advance, but they are best when served the same day.
Nutrition Facts: Yield: 24
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 5g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Trans Fat: 0g
Unsaturated Fat: 3g