These soft and perfectly salted Baked Potato Wedges are vegetarian and gluten-free. This is the best snack recipe with soft and crispy touch!
Baked Potato Wedges Recipe by Sonja Overhiser
This is an easy-baked potato wedges recipe. You need small waxy potatoes, cut into wedges, and baked in a very hot oven. They’re covered in salted butter, and seasoned simply with kosher salt and black pepper. You could do this without a recipe but the quantities and timing here make them come out perfectly every time.
How To Make Classic Baked Potato Wedges :
- Cut 2 to 3-inch long waxy potatoes into wedges.
- Mix them with melted salted butter, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes on one side, then flip and bake for 15 minutes on the other side. Serve immediately.
What are waxy potatoes vs starchy potatoes?
This baked potato wedges recipe calls for waxy potatoes. What are waxy potatoes versus starchy potatoes? Waxy potatoes are varieties like red or new potatoes: they have low starch content and hold their shape after cooking. Starchy potatoes are high in starch and fluffy: they’re great for mashing, but don’t hold their shape.
Here are types of potato varieties that are considered waxy potatoes:
- Red potatoes
- New potatoes
- Inca gold
- Rose gold
- Purple Viking.
Can this recipe be made in advance?
Unfortunately, these baked potato wedges are best when they’re freshly made. Right out of the oven, they’re hot and crispy, but they become softer as they cool. If at all possible try to make them 45 minutes before you’d like to serve them.
Classic Baked Potato Wedges
- 1 Pound Yellow or red waxy potatoes, 2 to 3 inches long (about 6 to 7 potatoes)*
- 2 Tbsp Salted butter, melted or olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges. Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix until fully coated. If using olive oil, add a pinch more salt.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the wedges onto the sheet in a single layer.
- Bake the potatoes for 20 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and flip the potatoes.
- Reverse the baking sheet in the oven, and bake another 15 minutes until browned and crispy. Enjoy immediately!