Enjoy this mouth watering Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Squares this fall! These Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Squares are the perfect go to breakfast. You know what’s amazing? It only takes an hour for you to enjoy this dish. Easy to make, and so healthy!
Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Bars Recipe by Emilie Eats
Celebrate fall with these protein sweet treats – perfect for a sweet snack or healthy dessert! They’re vegan and gluten-free. These yummy no-bake protein bars were inspired by these Cookie Dough Protein Bars by Hummusapien that are seriously straight out of my dreams. Go make those, then come back here when you’re ready for pumpkin!
Let’s check out what’s in these bars:
- Oats. Gives them the ultimate chewiness factor!
- Pumpkin. Full of fiber, beta carotene, and many other vitamins & minerals.
- Protein powder. You can use the vanilla one by Vega, but Bob’s Red Mill is also amazing. Chai protein powder would be nice, too!
- Almond butter. Makes them doughy! You can sub cashew butter or sunflower seed butter.
- Spices. Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice give these the fall flavor we know & love.
These make flavorful, healthy snacks that are perfect when you need to grab a quick snack – just keep them in the freezer and grab one while you’re heading out the door! I also love these as a dessert. No matter what, they’re freaking amazing!
Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Squares
- 2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla vegan protein powder can also use chai-flavored
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 5 tbsp almond butter divided (can also use cashew or sunflower seed butter)
- 3 tbsp almond milk divided
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add oat flour, protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add pumpkin puree, 1/4 cup almond butter, 2 tablespoons almond milk, and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Stir until a firm dough forms, kneading with your hands if necessary.
- Add dough to the lined baked pan and press down to form a even layer.
- In a small bowl, add chocolate chips. Microwave in 30-second intervals until the chocolate is melted, stirring in between. Add 1 tablespoon almond butter and 1 tablespoon almond milk; stir until smooth.
- Pour chocolate over the dough in the pan and spread into an even layer.
- Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, then cut into 12-16 bars.