Craving for cold ice cream treats but the feeling of food guilt is stopping you? In this Chocolate Protein Ice Cream Recipe, you don’t have to worry about that! You can enjoy every bite of this Chocolate Protein Ice Cream knowing there’s no heavy cream, white sugar, corn syrup, or artificial flavorings hiding in it. This is ice cream at its best without the nasty ingredients!
Chocolate Workout Ice Cream Recipe by Chocolate Covered Katie
Moreover, this healthy plant based chocolate treat is the perfect solution to eat a bowl of ice cream every day. It tastes like a sweet and decadent dessert, and yet it’s packed with vitamins, fiber, protein, and nutrition. This ice cream is rich and creamy that’s secretly GOOD for you at the same time!
The ingredients in this wholesome snack are the same ingredients you would find in a post workout smoothie. In the form of ice cream, you can add a handful of chia seeds or shredded coconut, sub the almond butter with peanut butter or coconut butter, and change up the flavor by experimenting with different protein powders until you find your favorite.
Chocolate Protein Ice Cream
- 4 frozen overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup almond butter or allergy friendly sub
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp chocolate protein powder ALOHA Protein Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Instant coffee optional
- Blend all ingredients until completely smooth.
- NOTE: If you’re not using a Vitamix or food processor, thaw the bananas a little before blending so your machine will be able to handle them.) Either serve immediately as soft serve or freeze up to an hour and then scoop out with an ice cream scoop for the classic ice-cream shape
- Nutrition facts are based on a recipe made with almond butter (protein will be higher if you sub peanut butter).
- All sugar in the recipe is natural sugars from the banana – no added sugar.