Sneak in some delicious treat like Chocolate Banana Protein Muffins without feeling guilty! If this Chocolate Banana Protein Muffins does not convince you yet, then you ain’t seen muffin yet! With the right balance of chocolate and bananas, this muffin recipe will be your favorite treat throughout the day!
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe by
How Do You Get Muffins Rise High?
Once you’re ready to bake the muffins, preheat the oven at 425 degrees F. As soon as you place the muffin pan in the oven, immediately reduce the heat to 350 degrees F. The initial high heat activates the leaveners (baking soda and baking powder) to create those pretty high domed muffins!
The result is banana muffins that are moist, soft, fluffy, perfectly sweetened, intense banana flavor with bits of chocolatey goodness and pretty domed muffin tops! Can’t get any better than that. These banana muffins last up to 3 months in an airtight container or resealable bag in the freezer. All you got to do is pop one in the microwave for 30-45 seconds to heat up.
Now, it’s your turn to make these perfect chocolate chip banana muffins. Make them, LOVE them, and satisfy your sweet tooth!
Chocolate Banana Protein Muffins
- 3 Ripe Bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup sweetener of your choice coconut sugar, maple syrup, agave
- 1/3 cup neutral oil coconut oil (melted and cooled), grapeseed oil, avocado oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 2 scoops collagen peptides protein powder optional
- In a bowl, add bananas, sweetener, oil, milk, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the flour, protein powder (if using), baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until *just* combined. Do not over mix or you risk them coming out too dense. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and let the mixture rest for at least 1 hour. If you want to get those pretty domes, do not skip this step.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin, filling each muffin cup almost to the top.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and immediately turn down the heat to 350 degrees F. The initial high heat activates the leaveners (baking soda/powder) to create those pretty domed muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in the muffins comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes then serve!