This Chipotle Style Chicken Burrito Recipe lets you enjoy your favorite burrito fillings but minus the tortilla. We would like you to think of this recipe as a healthier and a cheaper option for a burrito takeout! This Chipotle Style Chicken Burrito is surely a dish that you will enjoy all week long. This recipe lets you enjoy veggies in an extraordinary way!
Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe by Becky Hardin
This burrito bowl has it all! Wonderfully flavored chili chicken, a tangy salsa, creamy avocados, sweet corn and much much more! Easy to whip up ahead of time, it’s hearty, delicious while still feeling lovely and fresh. Burrito bowls are typically served over rice, or if you’re looking to cut down on your carbs, you can serve your toppings on a bed of shredded romaine lettuce.
Can I Substitute The White Rice?
Indeed! Brown rice gives you a solid dose of healthy carbs and fiber. You can also use quinoa, white rice, amaranth or couscous as an alternative grain.
How Long Do Burrito Bowl Last In The Fridge?
Burrito Bowls will last approximately 3-5 days in the refrigerator. The cooked/warm components can be stored together: chicken, rice, black beans and will allow you to heat them in the microwave without heating the fresh components. We would suggest storing the fresh/cold components in separate containers: lettuce, tomatoes, mangoes, etc. so they don’t make each other soggy and stay as fresh as possible.
Chipotle Style Chicken Burrito
For Burrito Bowl
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground chili pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup corn canned
- 1 cup black beans canned
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cup romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 tomato chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- Juice of 2 limes
- Pinch of salt
For Burrito Bowl
- Cut chicken breast in bite size pieces
- Add chicken breast pieces in a medium sized bowl
- Add olive oil, paprika, cumin, ground chili pepper, salt and black pepper. Mix well until chicken is coated with spices and oil
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat
- Add chicken in pan and cook for 7-8 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked
- Set chicken aside
- Cook rice according to box instructions
- In a large bowl add chopped lettuce, corn, beans, rice and cooked chicken
- Add salsa, sliced avocado, sour cream and cheddar cheese on top. Enjoy!
- Finely chop cilantro, tomato and onion. Add in a small bowl
- Add vinegar, lime juice and salt
- Mix well until everything is combined
- Save time by using rice packets which take 90 seconds to cook.
- You can make the burrito bowls vegetarian by swapping the chicken for roasted veggies.
- Make low cab burrito bowls by replacing the rice with cauliflower rice.
- Turn these burrito bowls into a burrito by wrapping in tortillas, or turn the filling into a wrap by wrapping in spinach wraps (or your fav), or turn into a salad by swapping the rice for lettuce.
- The ingredients and measurements are simply suggestions. You can use add/swap any ingredients for your favs.