Chili Dog Casserole Keto is perfect for you if you want to ditch sugar and carbs in your diet. You won’t believe how this dish is a crazy idea. Imagine, having a tasty keto-friendly casserole dish with hotdogs that is this healthy? It’s truly a perfect keto meal! This Chili Dog Casserole Keto is a hit with kids and will be a favorite for the keto following adults at your table.
Keto Chili Dog Casserole Recipe by How to This and That
Thumbnail Photo from Jamie Sanders
This dish is a perfect recipe that everyone in the family enjoys! Loaded with flavorful chili and a base of your go-to hot dogs, this is a meal that screams comfort food.
Chili Dog Casserole Keto
One question we see all the time in keto groups is parents wondering what they will feed their kids if they follow the keto diet. The thing is, your kids’ can and will eat the same things you do. Chances are though, you still want something that feels a bit more “normal” to them. This chili dog casserole is the solution you’ve been looking for to add to your menu! This is such an easy meal to whip up, you’ll also love that it is a great busy weeknight dinner solution. Only a few ingredients are needed, and you’ll love how easy it is to customize to fit everyone in the family without cooking a separate meal.
Can I Use Canned Chili for this Hotdog Casserole?
In a nutshell, if you want to stay true to keto and low-carb, you’ll need to make your own chili. Even the no bean options available in the canned food aisle of your grocery are loaded with added sugars and carbohydrates. This chili dog recipe is super easy to make, so you won’t even worry about the added time in the kitchen. It’s ideal for a fast meal, just like a can of chili would have been.
What are the best hotdogs on keto?
This is another keto question that is up to the individual. You’ll typically want to avoid turkey or low-fat hot dogs as you are looking to satisfy your macros with full-fat options. However, there aren’t a lot of limitations on which you should use. As long as they don’t have added sugars, you may want to mix things up with not just beef hot dogs, but things like cheddar sausages, bratwurst, or even a polish sausage.
Note: Always check the ingredients lists for hidden sugars. You’d be surprised at how many things you eat actually do include extra sugar for flavor.
Chili Dog Casserole Keto
- 1 pound ground chuck cooked and drained well
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) petite diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup water
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 low carb tortillas or wraps
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spritz a 9x13 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cooked beef with tomatoes, water, and dry seasonings. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Spoon about ½ cup sauce into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Roll each hot dog in a low carb tortilla. Place on the sauce with the seam-side down.
- Pour remaining sauce over the hotdogs. Top casserole with cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the center is set.
- Serve with hotdog toppings like pickles, mustard, onion, sauerkraut, etc.