This Chicken Tacos High Protein is a great sides or main dish. Perfect for a ready to go high protein lunch wrap or an easy healthy dinner meal. It’s a quick and easy recipe to make for only 20 minutes!
20-Minute Ancho Chicken Tacos Recipe by pinch of yum
How Much Protein in Chicken Breast? by Health Line
Chicken breast is one of the most popular cuts of chicken. A skinless, cooked chicken breast (172 grams) contains 54 grams of protein. This is equal to 31 grams of protein per 100 grams. A chicken breast also has 284 calories, or 165 calories per 100 grams. 80% of the calories comes from protein, while 20% comes from fat. Chicken breast is especially popular among bodybuilders and those who want to lose weight. Its high protein and low calorie contents mean you can eat more chicken without worrying about consuming too many calories.
One chicken breast contains about 54 grams of protein, or 31 grams of protein per 100 grams. 80% of the calories from chicken breast comes from protein, while 20% comes from fat.
Chicken Tacos High Protein
Ancho Style Breast Chicken
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (all purpose also works)
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon southwestern or taco seasoning
- salt and pepper a generous pinch
- 2 tablespoons oil
Tacos and Toppings
- 12 small corn tortillas
- a few green cabbage leaves , shredded
- 1 bunch cilantro , chopped
- lime wedges
- Sour Cream
- jalapeño slices
- minced green or red onions
- avocado slices
- Toss the cabbage and cilantro together. Prep the other toppings.
- Combine the flour, ancho chili powder, southwestern seasoning, and salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- In a heavy duty pan, heat the oil to medium high heat. Cut the chicken breasts in half or quarters, toss in the flour mixture, and add to the pan. Cook for a few minutes; flip, and cook for another few minutes until the outside is browned and the inside is no longer pink. Remove from heat, sprinkle with a little more salt, and allow to rest for a few minutes. Cut or shred the chicken into small pieces.
- Warm tortillas (I just microwave for a 20 seconds or so) and assemble with the chicken and toppings. Be generous with the lime juice and jalapeños for extra zing!
- When heating up the leftover chicken, tossed the chicken pieces in a pan with a little water and let it simmer a little while – it was phenomenal! It made the chicken a little bit saucy.
- As written, these tacos are relatively mild. The toppings are what really gives it a kick, so you can pump up the flavor by adding some spicy salsa, jalapeños, or diced red onions, either raw or sauteed with the chicken.