Chicken Salad with Avocado is a recipe with a twist of classic chicken salad recipe that has so much flavor! It’s creamy but light with the avocado and so satisfying. Such a delicious packable meal, and one that is perfect during warmer weather.
Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe by Natasha Kravchuk
BONUS: If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, this salad tastes just as good the next day – perfect for a to-go lunch. You all are always requesting good work and school lunch ideas and we hope you love this one! This salad is a winner and it is well-loved by adults and children. Everything about this is good and you’ll want that fresh lemon dressing on all of your salads.
Easy Chicken Salad Ingredients!!
This Avocado Salad has such simple ingredients and you may already have everything you need to make it (You’ll love it when that happens)!
- We use rotisserie chicken to simplify the process but you can cook your own chicken breast
- If you are looking to cut the fat, use turkey bacon instead
- For extra protein, add 2 hard-boiled eggs
How to Make this a Paleo Chicken Salad:
This salad is perfect for nearly every diet. To make this salad paleo-friendly, sub the corn (which is considered a grain) with sliced cucumber.
How to Store Leftover Salad:
Cover chicken avocado salad with plastic wrap directly over the surface of the salad (keeping the air out will prevent browning of the avocados) and refrigerate.
How to Serve Salad:
This dish is deliciously versatile. It is a protein-packed salad so it’s perfect for work lunch or meal prep and the lemon keeps it fresh and vibrant. Serve this:
- As a main course salad
- In sandwiches or pita pockets
- As a filling for lettuce wraps
Chicken Salad with Avocado
Avocado Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- 2 pieces large cooked chicken breasts shredded or chopped
- 2 pieces large avocados
- 1 cup corn from 1 cooked cob
- 6 oz lean bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup Chives (or green onion) chopped
- 2 tbsp Dill chopped, or to taste
- 3 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp Sea Salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Dice or shred the 2 large cooked chicken breasts and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Peel and pit 2 large avocados, slice into bite-sized pieces, and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup of cooked corn (freshly cooked corn is best), toss in 1/4 cup chopped green onion, chopped bacon, and 2 Tbsp fresh Dill.
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine. Drizzle over your salad and toss to combine. Serve with slices of hard boiled egg if desired.
**For a healthier salad, you can use uncured turkey bacon which tastes amazing but has less fat.