This Chicken Fajita Nachos Keto recipe is a healthy, gluten-free, and sugar-free snack or party appetizer. This is easy to make low-carb with a crunchy touch.
Chicken Fajita Nachos Recipe by Taryn
Ingredients For Chicken Fajita Nachos Keto:
- Mini sweet peppers: Mini peppers add a nice sweetness and a fun pop of color. You can also cut up bell pepper and use it as well.
- Onion: Prefer using a sweet onion for this recipe but use whatever type of onion.
- Cooked chicken: Cooked chicken breasts work great for dicing up the nachos. You can easily use any type of cooked chicken that you had at home. Just be sure that it doesn’t have bones in it when you’re using it for this recipe.
- Cream cheese: This adds such a creaminess to the recipe.
- Fajita seasoning: You can buy this storebought or use the homemade.
- Cheddar cheese: The flavor of cheddar cheese pairs well with all the other ingredients.
- Put the halved mini peppers on a baking sheet and set them aside.
- Saute the onion and three peppers.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Put the cooked chicken, seasoning, and cream cheese in a cast-iron skillet until creamy and warmed all the way. Transfer the mixture to the halved sweet peppers.
- Cover with slices of cheddar cheese and put the pan in the oven to broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken fajita nachos from the oven and add toppings.
Beef: If you don’t want to use chicken, you can use cooked ground beef as well. You could even use chopped-up steak.
Cheese: Monterey jack is a great cheese for this recipe as well, but any type of cheese will work.
Add heat: A little bit of chili powder will go a long way on these nachos!
Can We Use Leftover Chicken?
This is a great recipe to use up leftover cooked chicken in. They are ready in about 15 minutes if you have cooked chicken already.
How do you reheat nachos?
You’ll want to reheat the nachos on a baking sheet in the oven on medium-high heat. Add some fresh cheese on top to help.
Chicken Fajita Nachos Keto
- 9 mini sweet peppers, divided (3 thinly sliced and seeded, 6 halved and seeded)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1.5 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1.5 tsp fajita seasoning
- 3 oz cheddar cheese, shredded or thin slices
- Toppings of your choice: sour cream salsa, chunks of avocado, guacamole, cilantro, sliced olives, chopped jalapeno, etc.
- Put the 6 halved mini sweet peppers (12 pieces) on a broiler-safe dish or cooking tray. Set aside.
- Spray a frying pan with cooking spray. Saute sliced onion and 3 sliced peppers over medium heat until softened and golden.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Add the chicken, cream cheese, and fajita seasoning to the frying pan and stir until the cream cheese is melted and the chicken is warm. Put the chicken, onion, pepper mixture on top of the halved peppers. Top with the cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the plate from the oven and top with your favorite topping. Used pour cream, chunks of avocado, and cilantro. Grab a pepper, scoop up some toppings, and ENJOY!