This Keto Chicken Crust Pizza is one of the best and easiest pizza recipes you can make. This recipe only needs you to have 4 ingredients, and you’re good to go! Top it with creamy alfredo sauce, spinach, onions and mozzarella for a delicious and simple low carb dinner. You would feel the essence of Italian pizza in the comfort of your homes.
Low Carb Keto Chicken Crust Pizza Recipe by WholesomeYum
WHAT IS CHICKEN CRUST PIZZA?
This is just what it sounds like – a pizza where the crust is made out of chicken. It seems a little strange if you haven’t heard of it before. How can those two things go together? Actually, they do. So, what does chicken crust pizza taste like? Let’s get this important fact out of the way. Surprise, it tastes like chicken! Please, please don’t expect this low carb chicken pizza crust to taste like a bread crust, because you’ll be disappointed! If you want a keto pizza crust that tastes like wheat pizza crust, stick with fathead pizza crust instead.
WHAT KIND OF CHICKEN CAN YOU USE?
There are three main ways to make chicken crust pizza:
- Shredded chicken
- Ground chicken
- Canned chicken
So, which one should you choose? This pizza recipe uses shredded chicken, because it’s the most delicious in my opinion. You can either make your own Instant Pot shredded chicken (which is the fastest, easiest way to make it!) or you can simply buy rotisserie chicken.
Making chicken crust pizza from scratch is actually super simple. Still, here are a few tips to make it the best it can be:
- Make sure the “dough” is the right consistency.
- Spread the crust thinly.
- Use a Pizza Stone if you can.
- Use parchment paper.
- Let the crust rest.
Keto Chicken Crust Pizza
- 1 pound ground chicken (raw)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 tsp each black pepper & sea salt
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning Blend (or Oregano & Basil)
- 1/2 cup prepared tomato sauce
- Vegetables of choice (I used spinach, mushrooms & sliced grape tomatoes)
- Preheat oven to 400. Line pizza pan or cookie sheet with parchment paper sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, cheeses and spices.
- Place the chicken crust mixture onto the pizza pan. Then place a piece of parchment paper on top and evenly press the mixture into the pizza pan. Using a rolling-in will help make it nice and even. Remove the parchment paper once done.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the crust in golden brown.
- Take crust out of oven. Place sauce and vegetables (or any other toppings of choice) on the chicken crust. Return back to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Let cool and enjoy your guilt free pizza!