This Chicken Breast Air Fryer recipe cooks very quickly and is easy to customize. It takes very less time to turn out perfectly juicy and tender every time.
AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREAST Recipe by ARMAN LIEW
Why this air fryer chicken breast recipe works:
- No brining or marination needed: There is no need to brine or marinate your chicken beforehand.
- It cooks quickly: Cooking the chicken breasts takes just 8 minutes: 4 minutes on each side!
- Juicy and tender chicken every time: Using a dash of olive oil and minimal spices guarantees juicy and flavorful chicken every single time.
- Easy to customize: Change up the spices, add bread crumbs, or douse it in some sauce to give it a unique flavor.
Ingredients For Chicken Breast Air Fryer:
- Chicken breasts: Skinless and boneless breasts.
- Olive oil: A touch of oil keeps the chicken juicy and tender.
- Spices: Smoked paprika, cumin, and onion powder add a delicious smokey and umami flavor.
- Salt and pepper: To taste.
Prepare the chicken: Pat dry the chicken, add it to a bowl, and rub olive oil on each fillet. Mix the spices in a bowl and rub them on each side of the chicken breast. If desired, let the chicken sit for 10 minutes, for the spices to absorb.
Preheat the air fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 200C/400F and lightly grease the basket with cooking spray.
Cook the chicken breasts: Place the chicken breasts in the air fryer basket and cook for 4 minutes. Then flip the side and cook the other side for 4-5 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165F. Repeat the process until all chicken breasts are done.
Serve: Pair the freshly cooked chicken with your favorite sides.
How long to cook chicken in the air fryer?
It depends upon the size of the chicken breast:
- Small breasts (5-7 ounces): 6 to 8 minutes
- Medium breasts (8-10 ounces): 7-10 minutes
- Large breasts (11 ounces or more): 10-14 minutes
Since chicken breasts are leaner compared to other proteins, it doesn’t take long to cook in the air fryer!
The best temperature to cook chicken breast in an air fryer is 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This is slightly higher than that of an oven, as the air fryer uses conventional heat to cook.
- Ensure there is enough space between the chicken breasts in the air fryer basket. The air fryer cooks the protein by circulating the hot air, so it is important.
- Flip the chicken breasts halfway through the cooking time to ensure both sides are evenly cooked.
- Do not line the air fryer basket with parchment paper or tin foil, as the basket-style air fryer basket cooks the meat evenly.
Storing and freezing instructions:
- To store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to five days.
- To freeze: Place the cooked and cooled chicken breasts in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to two months.
- Reheating: Microwave the chicken for 20-30 seconds or in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes.
Chicken Breast Air Fryer
- 4 medium chicken breast fillets, 4-6 ounces each
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 200C/400F.
- Pat dry the chicken breasts then add them into a bowl and rub the oil generously over them all.
- Add the spices in a bowl, then rub on both sides of the chicken breast fillets. If desired, let the chicken sit for 10 minutes.
- Place the chicken breasts in the air fryer basket and cook for 4 minutes, flip, and cook for another 4-5 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- Remove the chicken from the air fryer basket and serve immediately.