Cheesy Keto Ham Rolls are the perfect easy keto breakfast! Each soft, fluffy biscuit is loaded with cheese and ham and has less than 1.5 net carbs each! This Cheesy Keto Ham Rolls recipe is simple, easy, and so delicious. It uses ingredients and tools you already have on hand, so you don’t have to worry much about it.
Keto Ham and Cheese Bites Recipe by Annie Holmes
What is the keto diet?
Keto is a high-fat low-carb diet. When your body is in a state of ketosis it burns fat for fuel instead of carbs. The total amount of suggested net carbs can vary from person to person but generally, people can reach ketosis when they have had 40-20 net carbs.
It can be difficult to find grab and go or meal prep style foods that fit this diet because so many of those go-to options are full of carbs. These Keto Ham and Cheese Bites are tasty eaten warm or cold. One batch makes over 20 bites and they contain 1.5 net carbs each! They make a great low carb breakfast or a good lunch paired with a garden salad or other low carb side.
How do I make Cheesy Keto Ham Rolls?
This recipe follows the same base for the other keto bites. A protein, cheese, cream cheese, eggs, baking powder, and coconut flour. We get a lot of questions regarding coconut flour. We do not notice any coconut flavor, but we suppose if you are highly sensitive you might get some hint of the flavor?
You can substitute almond flour if you wish, but it will not yield the best result. The bites are light and fluffy with coconut flour, they are denser if you sub almond flour. We highly suggest making the recipe as written for the best results.
Other recipes you might like to try: Eggs Benedict Keto Recipe, Keto Bacon and Egg Cups Recipe, Vegan Spaghetti Lentil Bolognese Recipe
Cheesy Keto Ham Rolls
- 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan , or asiago, other hard, dry, grated cheese.
- 1 cup diced ham
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the shredded cheese and egg in a bowl and mix it until the ingredients are fully combined.
- Stir in diced ham and mix to combine.
- Set out a well-prepped baking sheet - greased or lined with parchment or a silpat.
- Divide the mixture equally into six to eight parts and form into round rolls.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese has fully melted and created a slight brown crust.
- Feel free to mix up your cheese selection - but stick with one grated hard, dry cheese (like parmesan or asiago) to keep the flour-like texture.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 115
- Total Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 108 mg
- Sodium: 623 mg
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Protein: 17 g