Excited with the idea of a creamy punch sauce to your home delicacy? The all-time favorite Cheesy Italian Alfredo Sauce is keto-friendly that exists just for you! This Cheesy Italian Alfredo Sauce is a sauce that consists of the flavor of a regular alfredo. But with a fraction of the calories and fat!
The Best Homemade Alfredo Sauce Recipe by Alyssa Rivers
What is Alfredo Sauce?
Classic Alfredo Sauce is a simple but elegant creamy, white sauce that is commonly known for layover pasta noodles. It is made from butter, a type of cream, and parmesan cheese. Adding seasonings and cream cheese for a thickener I like to blend a rich, creamy sauce together that is simple and irresistible. The end result of this mixture is satisfying, to say the least!
What you Need to Make Sauce:
Simple ingredients for an elegant sauce that is a classic dish loved by all. This Sauce just has a smooth, creamy texture that melts in your mouth. The best results come from the ingredients. Using the freshest ingredients is key!
Fresh parmesan cheese grated off the block is one of those key ingredients. This will create a smooth textured sauce rather than a grainy one. Each of these ingredients melts and blend together so well creating a masterpiece!
- Butter: either unsalted or salted work for this alfredo sauce recipe.
- Heavy whipping cream: for a richer and creamy flavor heavy whipping cream is what we recommend over whipping cream.
- Cream cheese: this adds a nice thick consistency to your alfredo sauce.
- Minced garlic: for best flavoring use fresh garlic and mince it the best you can.
- Garlic powder: adds to the rich and garlic flavoring.
- Italian seasoning: brings on an Italian fill and blends all the seasonings together.
- Salt and pepper: just to taste!
- Grated parmesan cheese: using real parmesan cheese is best. Powdered cheese will create a grainy texture and does not melt through when heated.
How to Make Fettuccini Sauce:
Creating this masterpiece does take a little bit of time. We all know that it is worth it! We love making this sauce and it is quick and easy. It can be made in minutes with these simple ingredients. Enjoy alfredo sauce right when you need it!
- Whisk dairy ingredients together: In a medium saucepan add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted.
- Add and whisk seasonings: Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth.
- Stir in cheese: Add the grated parmesan cheese.
- Thicken your sauce: Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Toss with pasta: Toss it with your favorite pasta!
Cheesy Italian Alfredo Sauce
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted.
- Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth. Add the grated parmesan cheese.
- Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Toss it with your favorite pasta!
- When adding to the hot butter, make sure the cream has been warmed or the cream will break, which would give you a messy textured sauce.
- It will become thicker and almost foamy until it's enough to add cheese.
- Simmer the Keto Alfredo Sauce until the desired thickness is achieved. Stir regularly to prevent burning on the bottom of the casserole if the cheese is already applied.
- Serves: 10
- Calories 329kcal (16%)
- Carbohydrates 3g (1%)
- Protein 6g (12%)
- Fat 33g (51%)
- Saturated Fat 21g (105%)
- Cholesterol 111mg (37%)
- Sodium 347mg (14%)
- Potassium 67mg (2%)
- Fiber 1g (4%)
- Sugar 1g (1%)
- Vitamin A 1218IU (24%)
- Vitamin C 1mg (1%)
- Calcium 159mg (16%)
- Iron 1mg (6%)