Are you excited to cook these cheese keto tacos shells? It’s a low-carb taco diet. The recipe includes cheddar cheese made into a taco shape and filled with ground beef.
Keto Tacos With Cheese Taco Shells Recipe by Home Made Interest
Keto Tacos With Cheese Taco Shells:
Mexican food is one of the favorites especially tacos, so when you start eating low carb then you might immediately go in search of a keto taco recipe and we discovered cheese taco shells. Guys, these things are life-changing!
Keto Tacos made with Cheese Taco Shells are perfect for keto diets with only 1 net carb! They are gluten-free and easy to make (even though they take a little time) and we think they taste better than the original ?
How To Make Keto Tacos:
- Start by lining a baking sheet. You can use a baking sheet with parchment paper but a silicone mat is the best because the cheese comes off easily every time. Then you drop little piles of grated cheese on to the baking sheet. For cheese taco shells I suggest using about 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese per shell.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 5-7 minutes, or until the shredded cheese has melted and the edges begin to brown. It’s important to wait until those edges start to get crispy because you’ll get the crispiest cheese taco shells that way. Note: Cheese does release grease as it bakes. You can dab your shells lightly with a paper towel before the next step if you would like to remove some of the excess grease.
- Shape your cheese taco shells. Use two glasses and sit a thick handled spoon (or whatever utensil you have) across the glasses. You’ll want the handle to be thick enough that it will leave a space of about 3/4″ in the curve of your taco. It doesn’t have to be precise! Let the cheese cool for a minute then lift it off of the baking sheet and drape it over the spoon handle. Let it cool completely, this only takes about 5 minutes, and you have a low carb taco shell!
Now you just need something to fill that shell with. Let’s make a simple low carb taco meat with ground beef and taco seasoning made with chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt.
Does Taco Seasoning Have Carbs?
That depends. Those taco seasoning packets you buy at the grocery store have way more carbs than you might realize because they contain added sugar and cornstarch. If you make taco seasoning at home (which tastes so much better anyway!) then taco seasoning has only 1.5 net carbs per tablespoon.
How To Make Cheese Keto Tacos Shells:
- Take a large skillet over medium heat brown the ground beef.
- When it is almost cooked through add the taco seasoning and 1/4 cup of water. Let the mixture continue to cook stirring occasionally until the water has been absorbed. You’ll want to cook the excess moisture out of the meat so it isn’t as messy in the taco shells.
- Let the meat cool slightly and then add it to the Then add the taco meat to to the keto taco shells and top it with avocados, sour cream, and a little pico de gallo.
When you’re done you have a beef taco that is better than the original! That cheesy shell is the perfect replacement for a crunchy corn shell or soft flour tortilla. You’ll never miss the carbs!
Other recipes you might like to try: Low Carb Cheese Chip Recipe, Easy Keto Coffee Jelly with Cream Recipe, Low Carb Caramel Drink Recipe
Cheese Keto Tacos Shells
CHEESE TACO SHELLS
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, , shredded
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 2 tablespoon Homemade Taco Seasoning
- ¼ cup Water
- Toppings for taco: Sour cream, avocado, cheese, lettuce, etc., optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat place 1/4 cup piles of cheese 2 inches apart. Press the cheese down lightly so it makes one layer.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until the edges of the cheese are brown.
- Let the cheese cool for 1-2 minutes until it is firm enough to lift but still bendable. Lift the cheese up and place it over the handle of a spoon or other utensil that is balanced on two cups.
- Let cheese cool completely then remove.
- While you continue to bake your cheese taco shells place the ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat cooking until it is completely cooked through.
- Drain the grease from the meat and then add the homemade taco seasoning. Pour water into skillet and stir everything around mixing it together.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid has cooked away.
- Add meat to taco shells and top with your favorite taco toppings.