This roasted cauliflower has crisp, golden brown edges and a delicious nutty flavor. You’ll want to devour it straight off the baking sheet!
Easy Roasted Cauliflower Recipe by Natasha’s Kitchen
Roasted Cauliflower Recipe:
This baked cauliflower recipe is a go-to side dish like Corn on the Cob and Roasted Brussels Sprouts. It’s a dish you’ll make over and over.
This oven-roasted cauliflower is easy and excellent. The combination of butter and olive oil caramelizes the florets and they are baked to crisp-tender perfection. The best thing about this recipe is that you can customize the seasoning with what you have on hand with great results.
The Best Seasoning for Cauliflower Roasted
Cauliflower goes well with just about any seasoning. Even a simple salt and pepper seasoning works well. These are the seasonings we love most:
- Salt – we love fine sea salt
- Black Pepper – freshly cracked
- Garlic Powder – or try garlic salt
- Paprika – adds color and flavor (a little goes a long way)
Can we add cheese? we love to add cheese to cauliflower. Sprinkle cauliflower with 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese in the last 5 minutes of cooking for a parmesan roasted cauliflower.
How to Roast Cauliflower
This roasted cauliflower recipe is so easy to make and uses ingredients you most likely already have on hand
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- Slice the cauliflower into traditional florets or into flat cauliflower steaks.
- Seasoning- Add the cauliflower to the center of your baking sheet, drizzle with oil and butter, and toss to coat. Season the cauliflower and toss again then spread into a single layer.
- Bake cauliflower for 15-20 minutes, or until desired tenderness and golden at the edges. The baking time may vary depending on the size of your pieces.
How to Slice Cauliflower into Steaks: Slice the cauliflower head into 4-5 wedges. Then, cut the wedges into even 1/2″ thick steaks and break them apart into bite-sized pieces. As they are roasted, the flat sides caramelize against the baking sheet adding a depth of flavor. It also results in evenly browned pieces.
How Long to Bake Cauliflower?
The bake time for roasted cauliflower will depend on the size, thickness, and desired doneness of your pieces.
- Smaller pieces – you only need about 15-20 minutes.
- Larger florets – bake 20-25 minutes. Until the cauliflower is caramelized and golden.
Air Fryer Instructions:
Cooking cauliflower in an air fryer is quick and easy. When air frying, we can skip the butter and just use 2-3 Tbsp olive oil. Air fry cauliflower at 375˚ for 10-15 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes, until golden and tender.
- Meal Prep – you can pre-chop your cauliflower a few days ahead, cover and refrigerate then add seasoning before roasting.
- Refrigerate – once cooled to room temperature, you can cover and refrigerate leftover roasted cauliflower for up to 3 days.
- Reheating – You can reheat the cauliflower on the stovetop, oven, or air fryer just until heated through.
- 1 med cauliflower, sliced in small florets, or 1/2" thick steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp ground paprika
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the head of cauliflower into 1/2" thick steaks, breaking up wedges into even, bite-sized pieces.
- Add the cauliflower to the center of the baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil and melted butter and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, salt, paprika, and pepper for the seasoning. Sprinkle onto caulliflower and toss to evenly coat.
- Spread the cauliflower evenly on the baking sheet and bake at 425˚F for 15-20 minutes, until cauliflower reaches desired crispiness.
You may substitute the butter for oil if you don’t want to use any butter.