The delicious Breakfast Sausage Homemade recipe is an absolute game changer and favorite way to start the day. It is a very easy and quick breakfast recipe.
Homemade Breakfast Sausage Recipe by ERICA WINN
When doing a Whole30 or following the Keto diet, it can be hard to find a breakfast sausage made without sugar. Because this recipe is made with only ground pork and some simple seasonings, it’s perfect for any diet and 100% Paleo, Whole30, and Keto friendly!
WHY BREAKFAST SAUSAGE IS PERFECT FOR MEAL PREP
These homemade breakfast sausage patties are perfect for meal prep. Here are some options to prep and store them:
- The patties can be cooked and frozen for 6 months. Recommend freezing the sausage in the portions you’ll want to eat. Just thaw, reheat and eat!
- You can prep the sausage with the seasoning mixture and freeze it to cook later. Either keep it as bulk sausage or form it into patties before freezing for speedy cooking after you defrost it!
- Simply cook the sausage over the weekend to use for breakfast or other meals during the week. Store in an airtight container for up to one week in the fridge.
Whether you’re meal prepping or making a weekend breakfast, try out this homemade breakfast sausage! It’s an easy recipe the whole family will enjoy.
Other recipes you might like to try: Feta and Spinach Pancakes, Keto Cakes Salmon Recipe, Chicken Tenders Keto
Breakfast Sausage Homemade
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1.5 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika (optional)
- Place the ground pork in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix the seasonings together in a separate bowl or ramekin.
- Pour the seasonings in with the pork and mix it together well with your hands. Make sure the seasonings are evenly incorporated throughout the pork but don't overmix.
- Shape the sausage into 4-6 patties.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add in the sausage to cook.
- Cook about 5 minutes per side, until the sausage is cooked through the center.
- Serve and Enjoy!