This tasty breakfast keto sandwich is full of flavors, sweet, and very low in carb. This is a best high-protein comforting food when craving sandwiches on the keto diet.
Keto Breakfast Sandwich Recipe by KARO
Who ever following a keto diet means you need to give up sandwiches. In fact, it’s quite easy to make a sandwich keto-friendly. Sandwiches are fun to eat and are a great way to mix and match different ingredients. This keto-friendly version is low carb and bread-free. There is a ton of flavor and nutrition packed into it.
Ingredients For Breakfast Keto Sandwich:
- Beef burgers (or just beef mince).
- Large egg.
- Pickled cucumber (tomatoes can work too).
- Yellow mustard (or any other low carb dressing).
- Gem lettuce (or any other lettuce as long as it’s broken apart to fit the sandwich).
- Salt & black pepper.
First, make sure you have allowed time for the patties to thaw if you are using frozen ones!
1. Prepare Beef Patties
- Start it by placing your beef patties between two sheets of plastic wrap or parchment paper. Roll each patty out with a rolling pan or plastic wrap roll itself.
- You want the patties to end up thinner and wider than their original shape.
- This will help the patties stay together after they are cooked. Rolling them thinner will ensure that they are fully cooked before using them as a bread substitute for the sandwich.
- Heat a non-stick or cast-iron skillet on medium-high. Add some olive oil or cooking spray so that the beef patties do not stick to the pan.
- Make sure that the pan is nice and hot before placing the beef patties in. A hot pan will create crispy edges and prevent them from sticking.
- Cook each patty for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Also, make sure to season with salt and pepper.
- Place the beef patties on a paper towel when they are done cooking. Gently use the towel to dab off any excess fat from the patties.
- You can now fry your egg and mash the avocado while the beef patties are cooling off.
- Start with mashing the avocado in a small bowl using a fork. Then, spread half of the avocado onto one side of one of the beef patties.
2. Fry the Egg
- Now it’s time to fry the egg!
- You can use the same skillet if you like. Heat the skillet and add more cooking oil, if needed.
- Crack the egg directly into the skillet.
- Fry the egg to your cooking preference. Make sure to salt and pepper. Frying the egg so that the yolk is completely cooked will keep your sandwich mess-free.
3. Assemble the Sandwich
- Once cooked, remove the egg from the skillet with a spatula. Place the egg on top of the avocado spread on the beef patty.
- Add the pickled cucumbers on top of the egg. Drizzle the mustard over the pickled cucumbers.
- Top the mustard with the lettuce leaves.
- Then, spread the remaining avocado on half of the other beef patty. Place the beef patty, avocado side down, on the mustard.
- Now you have your sandwich! To serve, just slice the sandwich in half and enjoy!
Other recipes you might like to try: Easy Avocado Sandwich, Mozzarella Cheese Pocket Snacks, Keto Cheeseburger Low Carb Recipe
Breakfast Keto Sandwich
- 2 beef burgers
- 1 large egg
- Salt & black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 avocado, (mashed)
- 8-10 slices pickled cucumber
- A drizzle of yellow mustard
- 2 little gem lettuce leaves
- Wrap your beef burgers with plastic wrap and roll the meat. Want our patties to be a little larger and thinner.
- Add some olive oil to a skillet, heat it up and cook beef burger patties for 2-3 minutes on each side. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper to the meat. Make sure it is fully cooked before removing it.
- Pat the meat with a kitchen towel to get rid of excess fat.
- Fry an egg over medium heat in a skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mash avocado and spread it on both of the patties. Afterward, add a fried egg on top of one of the patties (with the avocado side up), and cover with pickled cucumber.
- Drizzle some yellow mustard and finish it up by covering with a lettuce leave. Finally, cover it with the second patty with the avocado side down.
- That's it! Enjoy your keto sandwich!