Banana Oatmeal Pancakes Low Carb recipe is healthy, easy and satisfying breakfast. There’s no flour, no butter, no sugar or any kind of sweetener added. Which means these pancakes are made for everyone. What is so great about this healthy banana pancake recipe is that they have great texture from the finely ground oatmeal and they are packed with goodness. The oats make them gluten free so if you are struggling with gluten intolerance. See recipe summary box below!
According to healthy eating, the whole-grain oats are one of the healthiest foods you can eat. But is the same true when you use them in pancakes? That depends on what else you put in the cakes, how you serve them and how many you eat. If you choose a type of pancake that is made with oat flour you will get healthy amounts of protein and fiber with your breakfast, both of which can help keep you full. The American Heart Association also reports that oats and other whole grains have the potential to reduce blood cholesterol levels and lower your risk of heart disease.
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe by Dani from cleananddelicious.
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes Low Carb
- 2 ripe Bananas (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup egg whites or 2 eggs
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Combine banana, egg whites, oatmeal, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in the blender and blend until you have a nice thick batter.
- Stir in walnuts or any other add-ins you like. Blueberries, pecans, and chocolate chips are some of my other favorites.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over a medium heat and lightly coat with coconut oil.
- Pour pancake batter in the pan to form small-medium sized pancakes. Cook for two minutes or until small bubbles begin to form on the top. Flip and cook for another two minutes or until golden brown and set through.
- Repeat until you have used all the batter. You should end up with 9 pancakes.
- Serve with your favorite pancake toppings and enjoy!