No banana fruit? no problem! This healthy banana bread recipe is going to taste just like “normal” banana bread. It’s mind blowing how close it tastes to the “real thing”.
Low Carb Keto Banana Bread Recipe by Joe Duff of thedietchef.
Sweet Low Carb Banana Bread
Even when banana extract is going to give our bread a ton of flavor, it isn’t going to provide any sweetness to the loaf like typical bananas would. So, to add sweetness (without adding carbs ) to our low carb keto banana bread, we’re going to use erythritol.
Erythritol is a 0 carb, 0 calorie sugar substitute that has no impact on blood sugar levels. This makes it the an ideal sweetener for people following any kind of low carb diet, such as the keto diet.
Another way we’re going to sweeten the keto banana bread up is by using a little 0 calorie – and 0 carb – maple syrup. I prefer this pancake syrup by Walden Farms. It adds a nice punch of sweetness to the banana bread, but also a hint of maple flavor as well. And it does it without adding any carbs!
Replacing The Flour
Typically banana bread uses regular flour, but for our low carb banana bread we’re going to use almond flour.
Almond flour is a wonderful low carb substitute for normal flour, and the Kirkland Blanched Almond Flour has only 2g net carbs per serving. Normal flour has 10 times that amount.
The crazy thing is that even if almond flour is used as the base of the bread, the texture of it is much more like one that uses “normal” flour. This low carb banana bread is moist, crumbly, and dense! It’s absolutely divine.
Banana-less Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 Cups Blanched Almond Flour (150g)
- Heaping 1/2 Cups Confectioners Erythritol (85g)
- 1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 6 Tbsps butter Melted
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream Full Fat
- 1/3 Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 Tbsp Banana Extract
- 1/2 Tbsp Banana Extract
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp Calorie Free Maple Syrup
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Add all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl, whisk and set aside.
- In an even larger bowl add all of the wet ingredient and combine them.
- Now add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold them together with a spatula.
- Once they’re well incorporated with one another, line a 8.5″ x 4.5″ bread pan with parchment paper, coat the parchment paper with baking spray, and add the batter
- Once the batter is fully poured in, add the toppings of your choice and bake for around 45-50 min.
- Let the banana bread cool completely in the tray itself, preferably overnight.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 17.5
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 3.5
- Fiber: 1.5
- Protein: 5.5
- Cholesterol: 0