The perfect Baked Haddock Herb Couscous delicious recipe is full of protein and Vitamin D. It cooked super fast and provides you a lot of important nutrients.
Baked Haddock with Herb Couscous Recipe by Lorena Grater
Baked Haddock Herb Couscous
We wanted to create a recipe that takes only 20 minutes to prepare but still manages to be filling and highly nutritious. Healthy fast food so to speak 😉 and that’s how came up with the recipe for this baked haddock and herb couscous. Couscous cooks extra fast as well and doesn’t even require a pot. Just a bowl that can be covered with a plate.
The instructions for cooking couscous tend to say to put couscous and liquid in a pot.
Bring to the boil, cover, then remove from heat and set aside for about 10 minutes.
Never involve the stove for couscous and it turns out every time. So, what to do is boil water in the kettle, pour my couscous in a small bowl which can cover with a small plate, crumble a vegetable stock cube with my fingers and mix it into the granules with hands, pour the boiling water over the couscous, shake back and forth once or twice to make sure the couscous is even, immediately cover the bowl with a plate and let stand until finished chopping herbs/veggies for it.
Add some oil and fluff with a fork, add whatever herbs/veggies prepared while waiting for the couscous to cook. Ready!
In a hurry? Dinner needs to be ready in the blink of an eye? Just turn on the oven, bring water to the boil in your kettle and be ready to chop herbs and vegetables in ninja speed because your fish and couscous will be cooked so fast you won’t have time to fool about 🙂
Other recipes you might like to try: Keto Beef and Broccoli Recipe, Keto Pan Seared Scallops Recipe, Paleo Pan Seared Salmon Recipe
Baked Haddock Herb Couscous
- 2 haddock fillets
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1.5 cups couscous
- 13/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup dill
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, wash and dry fish fillets ( dab them dry with a napkin), salt and pepper the fillets on both sides and place on the lined sheet.
- Cut the butter into thin stripes and place on top of the fillets.
- Once oven is hot, add the fish and bake for 12-15 minutes (depending on thickness).
- While fish is baking, bring a little over a cup of water to the boil in a kettle or pot.
- If using a pot, add a vegetable stock cube and whisk, once water is boiling, stir in couscous, remove from heat, cover with lid and let stand for 10 minutes.
- If using a kettle, add couscous and crumbled vegetable stock cube to a small bowl, pour water over couscous, shake once or twice to make sure couscous cooks evenly, immediately cover with a plate and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash and dry basil and coriander leaves and wash and deseed bell pepper.
- Chop herbs and bell pepper finely.
- Remove lid/plate from couscous, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and fluff with a fork then add herbs, bell pepper, juice of half a lemon and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Fish should be ready by now, serve over a bed of herb couscous.