This crispy and juicy air fryer lemon chicken recipe is made with 5 simple ingredients and is very easy to make that everyone loves!
EASY AIR FRYER LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE by Courtney O’Dell
This easy lemon chicken recipe is super simple and crazy quick. It requires less than 5 minutes of active time. Air-fried chicken thighs are incredibly delicious, juicy on the inside, and crunchy on the outside, just like fried chicken. But because due to the air fryer, this recipe uses a tiny fraction of the oil, no breading, as well as hot air circulating quickly over the chicken, to fry this chicken in a much healthier way.
How To Cook Chicken Thighs In An Air Fryer:
- Cooking chicken thighs in an air fryer, simply toss the chicken in the fryer basket, make sure the thighs aren’t touching very closely, and fry.
- Like a delicious, crispy crunch and tender, juicy middle for chicken thighs. So, try to cook with as much heat as possible in an air fryer.
- The air fry temperature of 400 degrees for chicken thighs but not all air fryers go to 400 degrees, so you can also use 350.
- At 350 degrees, chicken thighs will take about 16-18 minutes to reach 165 degrees, and you’ll flip part way through cooking.
- At 400 degrees, chicken thighs take about 13-15 minutes to reach 165.
- Go as high as you can and watch your chicken’s temperature, instead of going off the time elapsed. You may need to add additional time if cooking bone-in, skin-on thighs.
- Since chicken thighs contain more fat, they do not dry out as quickly as chicken breasts can. If you need to take another minute or two to give your chicken thighs more crunch (especially if cooking with skin-on, you really want a lovely crunchy skin), you can without worrying about drying them out.
How To Cook Chicken Breasts In An Air Fryer:
To make perfectly juicy easy air-fried lemon chicken breasts:
- Place chicken in the air fryer basket, standing against the sides of the basket if necessary do not push closely together.
- Set to 350°F and cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken; cook 5 to 8 minutes longer or until chicken reads at least 165°F when a digital thermometer is inserted into the thickest part of the chicken.
This lemon air fried chicken isn’t just incredibly delicious, it also works in a keto diet, too!
Other recipes you might like to try: Baked Honey Chicken Drumsticks, Grilled Bruschetta Chicken, Keto Garlic Greek Chicken
Air Fryer Lemon Chicken
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp italian herb seasoning blend
- 1 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- Add all ingredients – except sliced lemon – to bowl or bag, toss to coat chicken.
- Let marinate for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Remove chicken and let any excess oil drip off (does not need to be dried, just not dripping with tons of excess oil.)
- Set air fryer to 350-400 degrees (as high as your air fryer will go) and preheat for 10 minutes.
- Arrange chicken thighs and lemon slices in air fryer basket, taking care to not push chicken thighs too close to each other.
- Cook at 350 or 400 (again, as high as you can), for 8 minutes.
- Remove fryer basket and flip chicken thighs to other side.
- Cook again at 350 for another 6 minutes – gauge temperature, and continue to air fry until reaching 165 degrees internal temperature.
- Chicken thighs will be crispy, with clear juices, and reach 165 degrees internal temperature when checked with a digital thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh.
- Serve and enjoy!